Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Joyce L
Johor Bahru, Malaysia

Oriental Lander Hotel, Hong Kong

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 May 2012
My husband and my son (16 years old) checked in to Oriental Lander Hotel in January 2012. We stayed there for 5 nights. We love the room so much although it is a bit small but I am happy that there have another smaller room for my son. The room and the bathroom are neat and clean. There is a place for us to put our luggages and bags too.

I like the room as when we walk in turning to the left is our room and turning to the right is my son's room and bathroom is facing the room entrance.

Another thing I am appreciate about the hotel is the staff there. They are helpful and very friendly. The location of the hotel is not too bad as it only takes about 10 minutes for us to reach MTR Station. It is very easy for us to get food nearby too.
Date of stay: January 2012
    RM 270
    RM 385
10.2 km from Oriental Lander Hotel
View more hotels in Hong Kong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The room we stayed in (3 nights) is NOT for big size people but it is very clean. Though room is small my husband and I were able to move around in the room. As usual we always put away hotel's amenities to a corner and rearrange them so we have space for our own things. There is only space for one luggage on the floor. Bathroom is very very cramp. Sink is mini size and poorly designed that you cannot bend to wash your face or brush your teeth without knocking your head on the glass shelf above the sink. Nevertheless it is rather convenient to walk to the Prince Edward metro station. LAN line only but works well and with connectivity to Facebook.
We have stayed in smaller rooms in Japan (business hotels) and had to place our luggage behind the room door.
Tip: Dim sum restaurant called 一 点 心 behind the Police HQ corner of Playing Field Road. Small place and popular with locals. Be prepared to queue for an hour on weekends. Prices reasonable and food is fresh.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Greenhorn
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The room is very very small, even if we were only there to sleep. Good thing we only had one baggage, it won't fit the room if we brought two. It doesn't have a restaurant, wifi is only at the lobby. It is located at hardware stores. You could find a better hotel with the same rate with this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Clean with friendly but overenthusiastic and a little helpless staff, we chose this hotel because of price and availability. Rooms are very clean, but they're so small I had to leave my bags on the bed during the day to be able to use the room, and it was impossible to use the bathroom without spilling water on the floor, even when just washing the face. The ads said restaurant, but it was closed for some reason I couldn't confirm. This was a big problem, as there were no proper places to eat within a ten to fifteen minute walking distance. We were also promised city vies, but the only city I saw was the wall from the opposing building five meters from my window on the ninth floor. If I knew what I was paying for, this hotel is just fine, but lack of restaurant, no city view, and the impossible size of the rooms put me off recommending this hotel for anything more than a necessary sleep-in for a night. Beds and sheets were top notch, though.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank geirertz
Reviewed 22 March 2012

It was Worst Nightmare for me. This Property should not be on any Site.Bathroom size of only 2.2 feet * 6 feet. Room size only 6*7. Showed us Different Room but gave us Different one. Left after ONE Night
Divya Prakash

Room tip: Never in this Hotel
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank DivyaPrakash_12
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Stayed for 4 nights. Opted to stay in this hotel primarily because of the price, room availability and convenience of being less than 10 minutes walk away from an MTR station. For the shoppers, it's approximately 15 to 20 minutes walk to the Ladies market. We got a double room, which came with ensuite toilet and bath with hot and cold water, medium bed, and free wired internet. There's not a lot of space to walk around, 3 steps from the door and its 's already the bed… that's it. If you are in a touristy mode, that's not an issue anyway since you'll be out most of the time.

They don't have an in-house restaurant but there's a 7-11 in the MTR station so you can grab some midnight snacks, chips and some cup noodles, there's also a McDonalds nearby for your breakfast fix. Housekeeping was great, room was always spotless and in order every time we come home, which is just perfect since it was such a small room, one shoe or suitcase not pressed against the wall and it can easily get crowded.

As mentioned in the previous reviews, it's true that there's only one elevator servicing all the floors… but lucky us we never had any issues with it being too slow or too full.

Overall, despite the simplicity of the amenities, I will recommend this place because of the price and convenience, you get what you need.

Date of stay: November 2011