Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Elsa H
Saint Louis, Missouri

Great place

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 May 2012
I stayed in a single room at Oi Suen for four nights. On the second day of my visit I came down with the flu and was absolutely miserable. The owner was so sweet and gentle. She walked with me to the doctor's office down the block, holding her umbrella over me. I am so grateful that I ended up at a place where I could get help in this sort of situation. That aside, fantastic location, great price, clean rooms, and lovely air conditioning.
Date of stay: May 2012
Room Tip: It is true that the windowless single room is very small. If you have never been to Hong Kong and...
Trip type: Travelled solo
    RM 436
    RM 454
2.9 km from Oi Suen Guesthouse
View more hotels in Hong Kong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This is my fourth time visiting Hong Kong and I've stayed at the Sincere House before so I prefer guesthouses in this location.

I booked through them weeks ahead specifying a room with a window which we agreed to reserve and pay for more. The day we arrived, we were told the room is not ready yet so we leave our things and set out to get some food. We were told to come back at 1pm and so we did. Then they were giving us this cramped "triple room" with no windows. Of course we refused, since we agreed on a room with a window. The lady in charge was getting mad at me for their mistake which was so wrong. She was telling me check in time was 2pm when the email they sent specifically states that check in time is 1pm, even the guy manning the booth told us to come back at 1pm. She even told me to just go to some other guest house which was SO RUDE but we've already paid when we arrived in the morning. This information would have been useful if she told me she couldn't accommodate us when we made reservations. If we weren't so tired from the journey, I wouldn't mind finding a room at Chungking Mansion. I was so mad and tired at the same time. I didn't expect 5 star accommodation from a guesthouse but I didn't expect them to be that rude either.

Long story short, they moved us to a different room on a different floor - room with a window. Then we transferred to their guesthouse after 2 nights. They were nice after that like nothing happened. Maybe this could have been a good review if they weren't very rude at the start. As they say, first impressions last. I noticed that they had a lot of Thai guests and maybe that's their niche. So, just be warned. Because of that, I would not recommend this hostel and I wouldn't come back. There are plenty of guesthouses in this building who wouldn't go ballistic on you because they messed up the reservations. I recommend the Dragon Hostel on the 7th floor. They were just fully booked at the time of my booking.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank funwithems
oisuen, General Manager at Oi Suen Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

Hi,

Our check in time was indeed at 1pm. However, when we get rather busy we tend to be a little behind in getting rooms ready. We sincerely apologise for this. We try our best to strive for perfection. We have learned from every experience and check in time is now 2pm!!
As you expressed your utter emergence and tiredness, I gave you a room for the time being so that you could get some rest. I had every intention to give you the exact room that you booked once you were ready. As you know once you were ready you were taken to your specified room and then we were happy that you was!!!
We welcome guests from all over the world, we do not discriminate!!
One world, one love!!!!!

Reviewed 12 May 2012

It's my first time in Hongkong and I somewhat got culture - shocked. My mom explained to me that in Hongkong, every space is expensive-- meaning, the bigger space you have, the more you will pay. And since we're on a budget travel, when we saw this and the reviews about Oi Suen Guest House, we didn't hesitate to get it. When we get there, we really enjoyed it. Why?

a. Home-y. It truly feels like home. I feel comfortable with the room considering the fact that I'm claustrophobic. Everything you need for you to enjoy your stay, they have. Towels, soap gel (body gel), shampoo (hair gel), pillows, water, coffee, very fast internet connection (700kbps, my bro told me), thing is you have to bring your own laptop xDD I guess it's in the atmosphere created within the hostel :)

b. Convenient!! Not only it is accessible to places like Ladies' Market, Fa Yuen Street Market but also to Langham Place and Argyle Center! My mom and I could shop with ease and we could easily eat!!!

c. REALLY CHEAP AND AFFORDABLE! But of course, since it's really cheap and affordable, do not expect anything out of the ordinary.

d. Super adorable staff!! Rainbow is really nice and would assist you nicely with what you need, she also speaks english and understands the language. On the other hand, Sam (the guy -- her niece) can speak only little english but understands some of it. Well, at least he's trying unlike others who are rude.

There you have it! I hope you'd choose this place when you visit HK!

Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank Glenne S
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This is the first time I stay in a HK hostel, it was good experience. Ellen and everyone is helpful and willing to serve. At this price point, I will rate Safety as first, Location as 2nd.

Though rooms are small at this category, I stay in Single room ... all the utilities work (aircon, heater, TV, fan, light).

Also, Oi Suen more than make up and scored excellently well in these 2 areas (Safety, Location). There are no touts below at the building at both exits. Location is good with many streets (Ladies, Sports good, food, etc) and good food (dim sum) and massage easily accessible.

They also offer discounted tickets to various popular locations and can get from them directly.
With friendly service, I will look forward to staying back again the next time.

A good budget hostel choice.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank louis_Apr12
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I enjoyed my stay at OiSuen very much, it's located conveniently near the subway (and a lot of shops if you are interested in shopping) and felt very safe and clean. As everybody is saying Rainbow is really nice and very helpful and the non english speaking staff was nice as well.

It is located near a busy street so until 12 p.m. you can hear some noise but after that I had no problems sleeping (and I'm susceptible to sound). For first time HongKong visitors to avoid disappointments: The rooms are very small but from my experiences you will not find bigger rooms in that priece range.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Jakob S
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Very nice place to spend several days in Hong Kong. Good location, clean and comfortable rooms. 5-star hospitallity. Rainbow - the hostess, was extremelly helpful. Do not hesitate to choose this guesthouse in Mongkok area.

Date of stay: February 2012