We booked Garden Guest House but was placed here. We then realised that floor 15 & 16 hotels at Block C were all under the same management and apparently of the same standard. Our room was small....the smallest we have ever stayed in. However, all was clean, functioning and our wifi was good and fast. The guys at reception were also friendly (many thanks guys) and helpful as we were unfortunate to experience a delay in our luggage arrival. Block C looked like the least busy judging by the people waiting for the elevator. We didn't really have to wait long unlike the Block A residents. Chungking Mansions is a mini United Nations with a large Indian/Pakistani presence. Halal food is easily available. Everything is nearby though. The TST MTR is also just opposite the hotel.
In summary, this is a basic place that is centrally located. Do not stay here if one is expecting the classiest of hotels or environments. However, if looking to stay somewhere close to everything, functional, convenient and on a budget, then maybe it will appeal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Opening in 2012,offer the cheapest budget guest room for guest and located in the heart of Hong Kong.Room with Free Internet Access,TV,Air-Condition,Fan,Bathroom,Telephone,Soap and Towel,24 hours Hot Water is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Ctrip TA so you can book your Carlton Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Guest House Hotel Hong Kong
- Carlton Guest House Hong Kong