The Bauhinia Hotel - Central
Ranked #165 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 30 May 2016

This was our first time visting Hong Kong, and were were staying just 1-night on a lay-over returning home from Australia.

We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room, and amenities were sufficient. Shower was very nice, and the toiletries offered were very good.

There was free wi-fi in the rooms.

As I mentioned, the king-size bed was huge and we slept very well. The hotel is situated in a good area for sight-seeing, and we were able to walk to the ferries, and there was a tram stop and metro stop nearby, however we didn't use them.

We travelled to/from the airport by bus, as the a11bus from the airport stopped close-by (especially on the way back to the airport).

One drawback, which isnt the hotel's fault, is the only way across the busy street is the walkways, and none of them seem to have lifts, so very difficult with big luggage to get up and down all the steps !!

We had breakfast nearby in Starbucks, but as mentioned nowhere much to eat in the evening near to hotel.

The hotel were happy to hold on to our luggage f.o.c. as we werent flying out till late in the evening

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy S

Reviewed 22 May 2016

This is my first time staying in Hong Kong island and I am glad to have try out this hotel.

I did not find the hotel after exiting from the MTR station. it is much nearer than what the map show and the main door is not facing the main road. there is a tram station within 3 minutes walk from the hotel. The central ferry terminal is within 20 minutes of walking distance and is mostly sheltered, connected via bridges. Thus going to offshore island is pretty convenient.

the room is relatively new and consider spacious. But the hotel mentioned they did a upgrade to our room. Thus not sure how will a normal room size looks like. The toilet is rather small, similar to a lot of 3 stars hotel in hong kong. Not many hooks around but still can find place to put clothes and towel. The toiletries and pantry corner is rather well equipped. Hair dryer is available upon request.

there aren't many eateries around the hotel. Except if you don't mind shopping mall restaurants. so you must plan your meals bfore going back to hotel. There is a breakfast serve every morning but i did not try it out cause my friend did not expect it to be great and prefer to go out to eat.

I will stay the hotel again for my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

Me and family stayed here for 2 days. It was a triple room with one King bed and one single bed. The room size ,amenity and design was decent, the room rate was great!
It's hard to find such room rate during labour day holiday.
The location was great, next to metro station, near to ding ding cable car and the ferry terminal also.
They do offer breakfast and afternoon snack, we didn't get the chance to see the breakfast set up; and for the afternoon snack was quite simple but we never expect to have such offer, pretty surprised!
There is computer to use, gym and coin laundromat which is very handy. It cost 20$ for washing and $20 for drying. It would be better if they can set up a exchange machine there so I don't have to come down for the coins.
Both my mom and grandma were happy with this hotel and I will come back for next visit !

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy C
Reviewed 5 May 2016

Well located, comfortable, clean... may be slightly overpriced. Such a pity that their idea of "breakfast" is so cheap and boring. A few beverages, some breads and yogurt. Not a good way to start a long day in Hong Kong

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2016

The Bauhinia Hotels & Appartments on Connaught Street has only 44 rooms: so book early.
The room was charming: spacious with a very large and comfortable bed; plenty of closet and storage space. The bathroom was large.
There is a choice of coffee and tea in the room. There is bottled water. I boiled water every evening. In the morning I refilled my water bottle.
The newspaper, the South China Morning Post, obviously in English, came early every morning.
I sent e-mails to the hotel manager with questions I had, such as arriving very late at night: what transportation was available and would someone be on the desk in the middle of the night
Someone is on the desk always. They were very helpful with answering my questions.
Breakfast is included: yoghurt, orange and apple juice, apples, coffee and tea, a variety of rolls.
The staff from the manager, to reservations, lobby staff, to the ones who kept my room impeccable were very professional.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo