Stayed in this hotel with family on a pleasure trip to HK and Macau.
1) Location, location, location: for the first time visitor, (for the price) it's an absolute gem. really near the Sheung Wan MTR (by near I mean 20-30 feet away) and it's across the HK-Macau Ferry. it's also next to a department store and a lot of dining options nearby. It's a short uphill walk to Wellington st where there are a lot of dining and nightlife options
2) The room: We booked a deluxe plus room and the room was very large and from the look of things newly renovated.
1) As I said in the title, RUDE STAFF: I've stayed in a few hotels in my life but this is the first hotel where the hotel staff were just RUDE. Most especially the woman in the front desk who was on duty at night and sometimes in the morning. She was downright mean. She would cut you off mid-sentence when being talked to. She would always take every request I made and sigh and give this pained look whenever anyone of family spoke to her. She would shout over the telephone and whenever we saw her in the lobby, she would be on her phone playing a game .She was the one dark spot in our holiday. She should really consider working in a less customer oriented profession. The other hotel staff were simply just uninterested and very mechanical
we booked our rooms at a steal so if the price is right and you're looking to save but still have a decent place to sleep and have access to public transport then do book here. but keep in mind, compared to the other options out there you might be better off if you're used to more service oriented hotels throughout asia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE BAUHINIA currently operates 4 boutique hotels and 2 serviced apartments in Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Guangzhou. Our THE BAUHINIA APARTMENTS - CENTARL and THE BAUHINIA APARTMENTS - SHENZHEN has been operating for a decade. With years of hospitality management experience, our first hotel THE BAUHINIA HOTEL - TSIM SHA TSUI opened in the vibrant Tsim Sha Tsui in 2010 featuring the stunning harbour view. THE BAUHINIA HOTEL - CENTRAL, with a modern boutique hotel concept, opened its doors in Central and contemporary modern designed in Guangzhou and Shenzhen in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Ctrip TA so you can book your The Bauhinia Hotel - Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bauhinia Hotel - Central Hong Kong