“pricey but, really good Chinese food”
Review of Above and beyond

Above and beyond
Ranked #60 of 9,447 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Take in the stunning views of the Hong Kong skyline from our 28th floor Chinese fine-dining restaurant, which gained three “fork-and-spoons” in the Michelin Guide Hong Kong Macau 2012. Enjoy exquisitely prepared dim-sum and seasonal Cantonese cuisine together with vintage wines from our private collection. There are three private dining rooms and even a kitchen, should you wish to bring your own chef.We have also recently been selected by Condé Nast Traveller UK to be on their “Best New Restaurant 2012: Hotel Tables” list.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

We went on a Friday night for family dinner. Peking duck, roast piglet, and other dishes were all good. Unfortunately not enough staff for the usual demands of changing plates and refilling the tea pots.

nonetheless, excellent food

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Harry M, Director of Food & Beverage at Above and beyond, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you very much for taking the time and share your feedback with us ad the Tripadvisor community.

I am pleased to learn that you had a great family time here at Above & Beyond and the food was so memorable.

I am sorry to know that our service quality didn’t reflect your expectations this time. I will ensure that it is shared with our team and your constructive feedback will be taken on board.

Please feel free to contact me should I can be assisted with any future reservations and we looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Really loved the Degustation Set Menu, great Food Quality and excellent Service. Great views Overlooking Victoria Harbour.

1  Thank Sebastian G

Dear Sebastian G,

Thank you for your glowing review.

I am grateful to learn that you had such a fantastic dining experience at Above & Beyond and that you enjoyed the Degustation Set Dinner Menu a lot.

Many thanks for recommending us to TripAdvisor community around the globe and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

My wife and I visited Above and Beyond for a late dim sum lunch on Sunday October 22. The food was all very good but my comments on the restaurant are more oriented toward the excellent service we had there. At the time, my wife wasn't feeling well (coming down with a virus / flu) and the staff was very helpful in bringing her unsolicited honey tea and other hot tea with ginger, etc. to help her out. The assistant manager (I believe her name was Ms. Ng) who waited on our table was great and we appreciated her help and consideration. Great restaurant and good people. Go there.

1  Thank DerKoenig

Dear DerKoenig,

Thank you for your glowing review.

I am grateful to learn that you had such a fantastic dining experience at Above & Beyond and Ms Keven Ng has pampered you and your wife well. Your kind words will be passed to the team as to recognize their great effort.

Please feel free to contact me should I can be assisted of any future reservations and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back again.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

After spending a wonderful 6 nights at the Hotel Icon, my wife and I decided to have dinner in the Above and Beyond Restaurant on the property on our last night in Hong Kong. We had a wonderful table with a view and the service was great. I just find it hard to believe that a restaurant which prides itself on Peking Duck can be out by 8PM. The restaurant wasn't that busy, and I wonder if they actually never had any that evening. The other dishes were good, not great. I actually passed up Peking Duck at other restaurants in HK, anticipating I'd be enjoying it at Above and Beyond. Oh well, live and learn. Never put off for tomorrow what you can "eat" today!

By the way, we had breakfast every day in the restaurant and it was perfect...

Reviewed 25 October 2017

As a vegetarian in can be daunting to find a good meal when traveling at times. Above and Beyond is exactly as their name suggests; they go above and beyond to ensure anyone and everyone can find something they love here.

We came in just before closing; the staff rushed us but we were prepared for that - we were lucky they even sat us at all! I was given a vegetarian menu and to be honest, the choices were overwhelming! I haven't had that kind of options in a long time. I settled on vegetarian dumplings and the sweet and sour mock chicken while my husband had seared scallops and asparagus. Both meals were exceptionally delicious!
As for the drinks, this place stocks some deliciously high end stuff. I had a white wine from New Zealand (one of my fave places for a Sauvignon Blanc) and it was perfectly crisp and cool. My husband had an old fashioned that was one of the best he had!

All in all - amazing. GO HERE.

Harry M, Director of Food & Beverage at Above and beyond, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear Sahra S,

Thank you very much for your glowing review!

I am pleased that you and your husband had a wonderful dining experience here at Above & Beyond.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed the vegetarian dishes a lot and can ensure you that our culinary team will be very pleased to hear about it.

Thanks for recommending us to TripAdvisor community around the globe and I look forward to welcoming you back again.