“Overpriced and Average”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central
Reviewed 8 August 2015 via mobile

It's located in an oldish building in the heart of LKF. It's a smallish contemporary style restaurant with around 15 tables. Not so much buzz considering it was a Friday night... Food is ok... I've had much better Spanish food elsewhere. The price didn't justify what we got. For 4 persons we spent 2800hkd. That's including 4starters,1paella dish, 2mains,2desserts, and a few drinks. Sounds a lot but the Portions are TINY. Let's just say, I could have done with much more food at the end! Not satisfied. Service wasn't the best either. I thought we found a hidden gem. But I was so wrong...

1  Thank Iamacritic

Reviewed 10 April 2015

This is the second Mesa 15 in Hongkong I don't know if they closed the one at Hollywood road. I recommend the Galian octopus good dish and the Paella is also quite good.

1  Thank Ulf N
Reviewed 16 March 2015

I've been coming here for almost 2 years and have never had a bad experience. Food is always very good indeed using the best and freshest ingredients available. Whilst the price of the business lunch has crept up it is still good value for money and I'd have hesitation to recommend Mesa 15 to anyone wanting a good Spanish meal. I have yet to try dinner but am sure I will before to much longer.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Spanish cuisine has been booming in HK in the past couple of years! So many new tapas places opened all over the city, and I remember I had my first Spanish dinner in HK in the old Mesa 15 on Hollywood Road about 3 years ago - that was the moment I started to fall in love with Spanish food. Last week I went to the new Mesa 15 in LKF for the 1st time since they moved there a year ago. The deco is stylish, bright, lots of windows, with an open kitchen. We kick-off with a watermelon gazpacho (free), which is super chilled and refreshing. Ham was as good as usual but the wow factor came from the toast with fresh tomato - we have to order one more portion! Starters we have mussels, scallops, and ox tongue - all of them were delicious! Especially the mussels were so fresh and sweet with a rich tomato and chorizo sauce - we licked the plate. Main course we ordered paella with red prawns and ribs, suckling pig and baby lamb. The paella was so good that I think it was even better than the one I had in Barcelona! The rice was perfectly cooked and full of favour. The suckling pig was awsome! Thin crispy skin, fatless, tender and juicy meat, flawless. Dessert we have starwberry cheese cake to share. I think their food is even better than the old location. Service was very friendly that I could feel they served us with lots of heart. Chef came to greet us after main course, which was a nice touch. This dinner reminded me how great Spanish cooking can be. Highly recommend this restaurant - surprisingly not too busy in the middle of LKF - a real hidden gem.

Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Having tried various "Spanish" restaurants such as Fofo, 22 Ships, and Boqueria, decided to try Mesa 15, which is now in Lan Kwai Fong. I have to say this restaurant is seriously underrated compared to the above 3 restaurants.

We started off with scallops, sea urchin and fried calamari which were all excellent. We then moved onto our mains of pork loin and suckling pig. Both were extremely well cooked. The skin of the suckling pig was so crispy and definitely the best suckling pig in town with very little fat and very tender meat. Dessert of amaretto chocolate cake (very rich) and Greek Yoghurt with fresh figs were a great ending to a good meal. They also have an extensive wine list as well. After our dinner the chef came over to ask how the food was which is a really nice touch. Service is also good.

We will definitely be back soon and recommend people to try Mesa 15.