“Great visit”

General Post Office
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

I stumbled on this by accident. I entered it's large and not crowded. English Language signage found the empty stamp line and stopped at the end. The guy said come on. He handled by request for 50 stamps making sure they would be used by 31/12/2017. Price increase in 2018.

Date of experience: December 2017

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Lots of stamps for sale here, possibly more than you could ever need on a single visit.

Yes, I would say that if stamps are what you are after then you could do a lot worse than come here.

More stamps than you could shake a stick at.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Everyone knows I love the Post Office. I have a PO Box there in the Central District in Hong Kong. It is a little expensive but worth it. It costs about $75 USD per year but I am happy knowing my mail is safe. In Hong Kong, a city of 7-8 million people, there is no zip code system. So many times when I first arrived, I never received mail that was sent to me. Even at my own apartment, I would find other people's mail in my mailbox and I would try to track down the correct recipients.
Also, a benefit of the post office (besides efficiency and friendliness) is that they have lots of little extras they don't mind sharing like glue, tape, scissors and string. They have little water sponges so you don't have to lick stamps.
I did notice a sign at my PO Box recently that warned people not to eat, drink, read, hang around or use their electrical sockets. Apparently, people were feeling quite comfortable at the Post Office and making themselves at home. I guess that is why I love it! Don't get me started on post offices in the USA. Why are they so cranky? Needless to say, I don't think anyone has gone "postal" in Hong Kong. So why not drop by and pick up some decorative stamps for a souvenir for yourself or family and friends? Or, send someone a package as an excuse to use all their goodies. It is part of the service there at the Central Post Office. I think you will like it!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Their service is excellent. The cost are reasonable the speed is fantastic.

Other nations in Asia should learn from them and especially the so called western world, where in many countries the service is lousy and the cost of using them is ridiculous totally overpriced and slow.

Date of experience: May 2017