“Great Atmosphere”

Ranked #1,281 of 9,284 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Neighbourhood: Central
Neighbourhood: Central
Reviewed 3 September 2017

First time visit this restaurant! Knowing that it's famous and originally from London, we give it a go

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Husband and I dined here after reading positive reviews on TripAdvisor and other media. We were not disappointed. Service and food can not be faulted. Service prompt and attentive. Each dish was flavoursome and well executed. We also chose to drink cocktails and each one we ordered was great! Decor was very funky and styled well to suit vibe of the restaurant as well as the LAN Kwai Fong area. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Jinjuu is a modern Korean restaurant in the heart of LKF. It was recently renovated into 2 areas - a bar area and a restaurant area.

The food is a bit expensive for what you get - especially the bar food, but they are doing a great Happy Hour deal called the "Seoul Happy Hour". Basically from 5 to 6pm, cocktails are 30HKD, from 6 to 7pm it goes up to 40HKD and from 7pm to 8pm the price is 50 HKD. The deal is from Monday to Fridays and make for a great afterwork drink or sneaky school night out.

Cocktails can be on the sweet side, but its a great deal for a venue with a great vibe and very attentive and fast service - even on a packed Friday night.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Good value for money, quick easy, good atmosphere. Great option for a business or personal lunch.
Recommended

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
Reviewed 10 August 2017

For a restaurant hyped as the hottest new premium Korean food restaurant, and with a high profile Korean owner Judy Joo at the helm, it would seem Jinjuu holds high promise to its customers of a premium culinary experience. One of the jewel in their crown in their menu and which was also much hyped is the availability of Premium HANWOO Ribeye Steak (Grade 9, HKS 590). For those not in the know, premium Hanwoo beef was extremely rarely exported previously and is hard to find outside of Korea due to high local demand there. It has been sometimes touted as being even more premium than Wagyu or Kobe beef, with a price tag to match.

After reading all the generally positive reviews online, I made a point to make a dinner reservation there for a friend and I , on my last trip to Hong Kong. I made a special effort to cross to Central on Hong Kong Island from my hotel on Kowloon side just to savor this culinary experience. It was also a special occasion to meet up with an old friend.

After placing our orders, dinners started off well with some tasty truffle fries and wagyu skewers. Ambience was lively and fun. After what seemed like a really long time, our main course of the PREMIUM HANWOO RIBEYE STEAK arrived... to my great chagrin..The picture of the dish speaks for itself (enclosed). In all the times I have actually tasted Hanwoo beef in Seoul, I have never seen such a sorry piece of "premium Hanwoo beef". Instead of premium marbling, all that is visible are huge clumps of FAT. On top of that the sloppy presentation looked NOTHING like the few pictures posted online of the supposedly same item, and definitely the meat was way too fatty to be a real Hanwoo beef, in my opinion. The taste..? Nothing memorable at all, and definitely nothing like the real and wonderful Hanwoo beef I enjoyed many times in Seoul. Both my friend and I left at least a third of the dish (mostly inedible clumps of FAT) uneaten on our plates (which works out to be over HKD 150+ of inedible food).. As we did not want to make a scene on a busy Friday night, we just ate what we could and paid and left. The only saving grace was our friendly waitress, who, on hindsight, did look a little embarrassed to be serving us such low quality "premium dish". Our conclusion later was that we were likely ripped off and served a low quality non-Hanwoo substitute beef, either because they think we are tourists, or because they ran out of real Hanwoo beef but decided to sell us a poorer substitute at the same high price. Either way, it was a total let down.
If the owner Judy Joo really take pride in her restaurants and the so called premium Korean food experience she is trying to offer, a deep long look in the mirror is in order here for the inexcusable experience we had in her Hong Kong restaurant.

On hindsight we probably should have sent the dish back the moment it landed on our table.. but ..I did not want to embarrass my friend who was hosting the dinner.

My only advise if you do decide to patronize this place or order the premium Hanwoo beef, make sure they actually give you what they promised and what you are paying for.