“Nice Place”

Bibliotheque Bar & Restaurant Jakarta
Ranked #5,139 of 8,670 Restaurants in Jakarta
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Bibliotheque is located in North Building of Sampoerna Strategic Square. The concept of this restaurant is a classic library with high rise ceiling and stacks of books on one side of the wall. Since it is located in an office building, so you should expect that it will be packed with people during the lunch time.

I ordered a sirloin steak with black pepper sauce (IDR 160k), which I can say it was well prepared and well grilled, no complaints for my steak. The last time I also ordered a wagyu fried rice (IDR 120k), which as a local I find the friend rice was nice but not really special and took like forever to get in my table. But this fried rice got my expat’s great impression. Well, at least the wagyu are tender and delicious. My colleague ordered something made from rare tuna which as I can see has a delicious presentation on the table. The drinks, since I didn’t find something special from their drinks selection so I only ordered hot tea which I found just like the ordinary tea. Overall, all food are presented in the best way you can get.

The service was very nice, since I was dining with their regular customers so I got a very nice service from a very polite waiter. I just hope I will get the same service treatment if I dine by myself or with no expat with me.

The price was very pricey I guess, with most food cost IDR 80k above. So better prepare an extra budget to dine here.

1  Thank Rizki P

Reviewed 30 August 2012

This place is interesting, made up like classic library.
But I didn't like that there was no non-smoking areas inside the restaurant.

The set lunch price was reasonable.
I asked the waiter how the "spaghetti and chicken" was cooked, and he replied it had spaghetti with chicken in it (right). Only did I insist he go ask HOW it was prepared (what sauce was used etc), did he reply that it was cooked in oil, garlic with pieces of chicken in it.
Anyway I ordered it, and it came with this pesto greenish sauce, completely dry and bland, with overcooked slivers of chicken.

Dessert was creme brulee- which tasted right out of the fridge.

My friend who ordered coffee, said that it was the worst US$3 coffee he had had.

NOT recommended.

2  Thank FoolishSaint
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I guess I have higher expectation when I arrived at the restaurant. We are welcomed with a nice and grand decor on saturday noon. But we are the only customer, and soon we know why. The food is average, even tends to be overcooked even the foie gras. They did not asked how I would like my steak, they just informed me that it is medium well when they serve it but when I cut it, it is very ...very....well done ( not in a good way).

This place might be good for hanging out and drinks.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I went there with my friends for brunch last month
The main courseswere so-so but the desserts were nice.
I also ordered some juices
I suggest you to order the strawberry one
It's so good

Reviewed 1 February 2012

i brought along one of my friend from singapore to come and dine with me and my sis at bibliothegue. it was 11pm on thursday night, usually the club starts at 12am. when we arrived, we were the only customers there, it was so quiet, a bit scary coz you are standing inside a GINORMOUS HOGWARTS-look-alike library... it was everybody's first time there and the ambience is quite breathtaking. So we sat on the 2nd floor, looking directly down at the quiet stage where the DJ had began playing some RnB at 11.30pm, 4 more guest has come. So there were just the 7 of us.

I ordered spaggethi bolognaise (it's sucks and really overpriced), my sis and our friend had salmon which was good. After we are done with the meal, my friend ordered some XO which was much more expensive than the price in ku de ta singapore! We were given free peanuts though. Service was really good and the servers was really attentive...maybe because there were so few customers. but nothing memorable about the food except for the interior. we left after 12 because it was getting quite lame as there was no one... as my friend with singlish accent said 'sa sad laaah! no one here u know, let's move lah'