Bibliotheque Bar & Restaurant Jakarta
Ranked #5,215 of 8,753 Restaurants in Jakarta
Reviewed 6 September 2014

A lot of choices, and each plate will give you "hummm...hummm.." non stop, i came here many times with my husband, because we never got or experience bad food/service here. The atmosphere is just perfect, you won't hear what your neighbor table are talking about, huge bookshelf on the wall behind the bar just make it more perfect. for sure will come there again if we come to jakarta!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Quiet place, nice building, as a nerd I like the concept of library, good drinks, good food, very attentive and helpful staffs.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Impressive surroundings, appealing decor, attractive staff and meticulously prepared and served cocktails. This is a nice upscale atmosphere where a group of business associates felt like we were in a private club and we were VIP members. An attractive clientele started to arrive late and the energy started to pick up just as we had to leave.

1  Thank johnberndt
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Bibliotheque is located in North Building of Sampoerna Strategic Square. The concept of this restaurant is a classic library with high rise ceiling and stacks of books on one side of the wall. Since it is located in an office building, so you should expect that it will be packed with people during the lunch time.

I ordered a sirloin steak with black pepper sauce (IDR 160k), which I can say it was well prepared and well grilled, no complaints for my steak. The last time I also ordered a wagyu fried rice (IDR 120k), which as a local I find the friend rice was nice but not really special and took like forever to get in my table. But this fried rice got my expat’s great impression. Well, at least the wagyu are tender and delicious. My colleague ordered something made from rare tuna which as I can see has a delicious presentation on the table. The drinks, since I didn’t find something special from their drinks selection so I only ordered hot tea which I found just like the ordinary tea. Overall, all food are presented in the best way you can get.

The service was very nice, since I was dining with their regular customers so I got a very nice service from a very polite waiter. I just hope I will get the same service treatment if I dine by myself or with no expat with me.

The price was very pricey I guess, with most food cost IDR 80k above. So better prepare an extra budget to dine here.

1  Thank Rizki P
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This place is interesting, made up like classic library.
But I didn't like that there was no non-smoking areas inside the restaurant.

The set lunch price was reasonable.
I asked the waiter how the "spaghetti and chicken" was cooked, and he replied it had spaghetti with chicken in it (right). Only did I insist he go ask HOW it was prepared (what sauce was used etc), did he reply that it was cooked in oil, garlic with pieces of chicken in it.
Anyway I ordered it, and it came with this pesto greenish sauce, completely dry and bland, with overcooked slivers of chicken.

Dessert was creme brulee- which tasted right out of the fridge.

My friend who ordered coffee, said that it was the worst US$3 coffee he had had.

NOT recommended.