“Surprise it”

Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I have twice to visit here, but the 2nd time of my visit -- I'm quite surprised. Previously, my opinion this place just only for getting dinner or lunch with family or reunion, coz the kind of food majorly just fish and seafood. But yesterday my opinion was changed. This place is nice for hang out, or business meeting. With traditional sulawesi drinking & snack -- I'm enjoy it.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

The vibes were cool with warm staff eager to serve. But the fish were grilled so dry that they cooked hard. Spice sauce was an extra charge ...

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

They serve good seafood. I love grilled sukang fish, calamari, grilled prawn, etc. The salty egg prawn (udang telor asin) is the best. They have delicious Sulawesi traditional cakes / snacks.

Don't forget to order Es Angin Mamiri, sooo delicious. Better to drink / eat it 15 minutes after the Es Angin Mamiri is served.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

I can't select an "average" because there was nothing "average" about our experience at this restaurant. I've published this review on another site as well, as I feel the joy needs to be shared.

Beware the 360.000 rupiah soup (see receipt below)!!! We ordered various dishes from the menu and amongst other dishes ordered a soup option, sounded nice enough. Somehow, who knows how, the soup required what must have been a gold-laden .8kg fish to create it. Consequently we were charged 336K for the soup! We weren't given any options prior to placing the order for the type of fish (don't know if this would have made a difference), just given the Rolls Royce I guess....? Have no idea how it could have happened, can't believe that a restaurant could charge this sort of price for a soup without at least a heads up to the customer. Now when we drive past this restaurant we are compelled to joke "there's the restaurant with the 360k soup". Except it wasn't too funny at the time. Besides that, the food was good. Just BEWARE OF THE PRICES!!!

Sulawesiatkemang, Manajer at Sulawesi at Kemang, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Dear Jockm

Thanks for your feedback, we apologize for the miscommunication and inconvenience caused. We would like to explain that the prices of the different fish is as listed in the menu. Live Fish is a premium selection, there fare it is slightly higher than the other. However, rest assurect that our Live Fish price is on par with similar restaurants. We apologised that you were not aware that there are other choices of fresh fish for the soup.

Thank you for your patronage and we are glad that you had enjoyed your meal here.

We will look into improving our waiter's offer of dish recommendation. We look forward the seeing you at the restaurant again.

cheers
Sulawesi@Kemang

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Offers private rooms for groups. Great selection of fish and meat dishes. Wine available on request. Prompt service.