See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I and my friend stayed in the Stairway Lodge on January 11 ana 12, 2014. When I complained to the lady owner that there were no toilet seats and power outlet, she said to her staff that I complained too much. The next day when I helped my friend to complain that his room was smelly and he wanted to change his room, she suddenly yelled to me :"You speak too much! You repeated, repeated and repeated." oh, what a good attitude of her to the customers!

Date of stay: January 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 陳 用
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The room has no electric outlet. You will have to pay additional charge when you ask them to charge your phone or laptop. No heater, so you'll take a shower with ice cold water. This is not my preferred guest house lacking those I mentioned.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

This place has a lot of potential, sadly it lacks in many areas.
We ended up here as all the other guesthouses were full. I fear that Stairway gets all the left over travellers who have not pre booked anything.
We stayed in a private double with shared bathroom.
The room is fine if a little loud (located on the street side).
The communal bathroom however leaves a lot to be desired. There is no toilet seat, no toilet paper, the shower was little more than a trickle and the cleanliness overall poor.
With a bit of love, this guesthouse could be something special with incredible views of rice terraces and the local town below.

Date of stay: November 2013
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Seriously, please look into where you will stay ahead of your arrival in Banaue and carefully read people's reviews before you book something because we had a really bad experience winging it this time around. I don't mind simple accommodations, but I have a huge issue with unsanitary places. In our two nights at the Stairway Lodge, I saw over a dozen roaches of all sizes, one the size of my thumb! The cleaning lady didn't even bother emptying our toilet paper waste bin, and that's where they congregated, feasting on our feces. Yes, that's pretty gross and still makes me nauseated thinking about it. I stayed away as much as I could while we were there and couldn't wait to get out of that place. I definitely do not recommend this place.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank alicevarren
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I went to Banaue last November 2011 to do some unwinding. I found this inn along the main street and was able to book a nice room (good fro 2 or 3) for 400. I was traveling alone so it was worth the money. :) The rooms are clean and the view is really good. They also have hot shower.

Date of stay: November 2011