“Fantastic hotel, worth the journey”

Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
HongKong
“Fantastic hotel, worth the journey”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We came from HKG over Manila and the journey took practically the whole day.
Whatever direction you come from, I takes time to get there. No direct international flights to Boracay. When you arrive at the airport in Boracay, you are greeted by the Shangri La staff, and then it takes another 20 minutes by speed boat to get to the hotel.
We had a two storey villa with private pool, perched on the hill, with a stunning ocean view (and a spectacular sunset)
The villas are very spacious, beautifully decorated and have every imaginable comfort. The butler villa service is perfect and the whole staff is extremely professional, focused on the customer.
We stayed for 5 nights and had dinner in all 3 restaurants. We preferred the main restaurant which has a different theme every night. Great buffet choice, nice open air sitting area, perfect service.
The only bad note is the poor wine selection in all the restaurants, which lacks every depth. There are surely enough wines on the list, they are not even overpriced, they have just selected the wrong ones. Pity, Pity !!
The hotel has I do not know how many pools, but the beach and the sea is so nice that we never made it to the pool. The buggy service on the grounds works very well and we never had to wait for a ride.
All in all, we had a very enjoyable stay in this fantastic hotel; we will be back !!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WillemL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Manila
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I traveled with 2 kids (4 y.o and 2 y,o) , 2 senior citizens, and my sister.
First off- I love that when we landed in Caticlan airport, a personnel from Shangrila assisted us right away. He took our baggage tags, and directed us in their private lounge for some cold drinks, and towel. I appreciated it as I didn't lift any luggage from the time we arrived in Caticlan until the end of our trip.

Rooms- Spacious- we had 1 king bed, and a sofa bed was set up free charge for my daughter. She enjoyed having her own cozy bed. Good job in setting it up as well, complete with comforters and pillows.

Bathroom- had a separated shower, and bathtub. L'occitane toiletries - the best.

Adventure zone - was free of charge, my kids spent most of the afternoons here. They close up pretty early though, I think 6pm or 7pm.

Resort - I love how attentive all the staff were, you can request for unlimited bottled water. So even if you're in the beach, their staff would offer fruit skewers, and cold bottled water.

Food - breakfast was lovely with lots of fresh sweet mangoes, and fresh orange juice as well. We have our lunch in the restaurant near the pool, great pizzas, and fish and chips, great for kids.

Only negative I can think of is that they dont have any available floaters for the kids to borrow. And the kiddie pool , was a bit sad. its so small, and no toys or sprinklers on it that the usual kiddie pools had.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hgirl1128
Longport, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I have traveled many places, and do enjoy beautiful places . Shangri-la has combined many different aspect of a resort that are unparalleled. First the architecture of both the building,landscaping, and the use of natural material are breathtaking. The grounds are just so nice to walk, and there are thought out places to stop with your lover and just enjoy the beauty all around you. The tree houses are so nice, as are the beach housing. As always with shangri the service is top notch. From the time they meet you at the airport to the private boat ride to the island. The restaurant are beautiful and the food was excellent, I did enjoy the restaurants , but my favorite is still cory cove at shangri mactan island in fact that is my favorite in the world. This is a magical place the pools the beach the spa and so on are just wonderful. While in Asia I usally only stay with shangri and have stayed at most of them. I just came back from Maui and stayed with the four season which is a beautiful and rated 1# place, but can not COMPARE to this place. While in Boracary we enjoyed the walk at station 2 it is so much fun at night and there are people form all over the world. I have been here three time and if you are to stay at station 2 the regency is nice not shangri but nice, and a great location for fun on the beach and at night.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank dashiel89
Singapore
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This is an amazing experience in Shangri-la Boracay, attentive staff and beautiful resort. The rooms are very well though off and spacious for a relaxing stay.
the staff are world class group of people who puts customers interest above all.
Must stay here if u are in boracay

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank wptanken
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Honestly I am not a beach lover not only because of the exposure to the heat of the sun and secondly, I don't know how to swim. During one's stay at Shangri-La, one doesnt have to hop to other places (although almost every hour they have free shuttle to and from station 2 for more crowd and more vareity of food, beach activities and nightlife, quite convenient ). Shangrila guests have beach on their own and several types of non chlorinated swimming pool (away from the crowded beach in other stations). Overall, my husband and I enjoyed ourselves very much during our stay there and will surely visit it again maybe with my whole family.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends