See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed here last Feb 11-15 2014. This place is ideal for a solo traveler who has a limited budget but does not want to stay in a Dorm-type room. The room I booked is their most affordable room (a fan room). It has no hot shower but that's okay since the weather is not cold. The staff is so nice, friendly and would make you feel at home.

Pros:
Affordable
Friendly Staff
Short walk from the beach
Relatively fast and stable internet connection (Wifi)

Cons:
Basic accommodation (don't expect anything fancy)
My room has no hammock (but that's okay, they let me use the aircon eventhough I booked a fan room).

Room Tip: Room E has a strong wifi connection. You can also use the common/shared kitchen and cook your own food to save some money.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank morlem_seyre
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This place is hard to find when you come on the island, but after some asking you will find it. Just say on jetty port to tricycle driver: "Drive me to Police station on station 2". After you reach police station walk towards the beach and go right. You see Villa De Oro restaurant. Just ask personel for Bonzai resorts and they will show you the way.

About this place.. As it is kinda hard to find - actually place is hidden between other building, so all the noises from beach do not reach Bonzai. That is best thing of this place. Personel of Bonzai Resort are really kind and helpful.

I stayed on Bonzai for 24 nights on budget class room downstairs. There was cleaning every 2nd day. The room had private cold shower, bed, television and A/C. Nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable place to sleep.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank vanjarantanen
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed in a Standard room with AC, cable tv and without hot and cold shower for 1500php per night (we stayed for 3d/2n).. The comfort room is really big and the place is very quiet and we had a great sleep. If you want to stay in a simple and quiet place, this is the right place for you to stay but if you are looking for a classy place then don't expect this place. Thanks for the assistance Mark.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Had a short stay at Bonzai resort, we would have stayed longer but they were fully booked. Good clean rooms, just away from the beach, not very far at all, just means away from the noise. I have to mention the staff too here, especially Evelyn, who looked after us. Very helpful and friendly. I would certainly stay again. If anyone is looking for a good, clean place to stay , with very good nightly rate then try Bonzai resort.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank timlaz
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Travelled with my wife and 3 kids and we had this place cheap yet clean and friendly staff. This reminds me of the old boracay back in the late 90's. Hammock in a balcony was a plus. Kids are comfortable enough with the size of the room. Will definitely stay again on my next family vacation.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family