“Found Our True Home In Boracay”
Review of True Home Bistro

True Home Bistro
Ranked #133 of 335 Restaurants in Boracay
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Description: Enjoy Asian and Continental flavours at a beachfront location. True Home Bistro offers international cuisines with a focus on South East Asian Favorites, coffee, desserts, fruit shakes, milk teas and much more in an ambience designed to reflect the turquoise waters surrounding you.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just like picky eaters, we're technically very picky with our hotel rooms but True Home Hotel and Bistro did not disappoint

We spent our Christmas and New Year here in December of 2020 and it was more than what we expected.

We've been to Boracay too many times already but it was a great surprise to find this quaint 3 room hotel that's perfect if you're for looking for a private place to rest after a long day at the beach.

The room was super comfortable, service from everyone was perfect, the morning view and sunset from our veranda, the delicious breakfast, and food from the bistro. This will be our go-to hotel whenever we are in Boracay!

Thank you for providing us a place for a memorable vacation ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (13)

Reviewed 22 March 2021

We ordered Mee Goreng, the porkchops and chicken satay. All delicious! The laksa looks promising. The G&Ts though are a tad expensive. And I loved the house music that was playing. Will definitely go back.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank marilesibarra
Reviewed 6 March 2021

I'm usually a very patient traveler and a business owner myself. While on a fun party boat afternoon for 5 hours in the crystal blue waters in Boracay, my family (a party of 27 pax but only 22 for Dinner at True Home) at 4:30 PM booked and pre-ordered dinner for all of us in True Home Bistro for 7:30PM.

We arrive there on time expecting that they would have already prepared everything and my wife even made certain arrangements with the wait staff to not serve the orders for my kids yet as they were running a few minutes late from their hotel.

My three children arrived at approx 7:43pm and none of the food, even those we expected to have been served already since they were preordered, have not been served yet. We waited patiently but the only order that came was at 8:20pm and was just one dish. My wife started to ask the wait staff on what may have happened as our entire family were practically the only ones in the resto with just two other tables filled with families of 4-5 pax.

A wait staff wearing Black with White Polka dots denied ever getting the request from my wife and passed the blame to another wait staff wearing White, MJ was her name. At this point, I asked MJ to just call the owners of the restaurant, who we were previously introduced to us earlier in the evening and even had some small talk with, to just find out what could be holding up our preorders.

From where we were sitting, I was able to see MJ approach the owner, an Italian man but was not sure if that was what she told him. He didn't seem to bother with it and went on with what he was doing. On MJ's return to our table to serve another dish, I asked if she had asked the owner if he could come, she said yes. I then just asked her a second time to please ask the man to come again. Mj left our table and saw her going straight to the owner again but it looked like he only glanced our way but didn't even bother to do anything. This was when I really lost my mind and went there myself to have a word with this man.

Upon my confrontation with him, he denied ever being told that we wanted to talk to him. As I was having this conversation with this man, MJ was right behind me and asked her in front of the owner if she ever told him, to which she said yes and that she had done so twice. The owner flatly denied it in front of MJ and all of us.

I could not believe it and just walked away saying that clearly they didn really care much for their customers and that their service was absolute sh... Man didn't even apologize at all.

Wife of owner served our bill later and attempted to apologize. Credit to her but unfortunately, she too denied ever being told by the wait staff about our concerns.

We have had a wonderful experience in this family trip to Boracay in all the places we dined and stayed in. First, in 2 Seasons for Two nights and another 2 nights in Shangri-la and the many restaurants we dined in. This was the only truly terrible experience we've had in this entire trip and we were quite shocked at the arrogance of the owners of True Home Bistro. All I can say is they don't deserve your business.

Date of visit: March 2021
3  Thank Vlozano168
Reviewed 2 March 2021

We went here for a Boracay trip on Feb 2021. We were supposed to have dinner somewhere else but it was fully booked. I already saw True Home on different lists of food to try and also came across it while walking along the beach. The 6 of us dined in here and the owners were really accomodating. They were all super friendly and helpful. We enjoyed a dinner of laksa, chicken pad thai, margheritta pizza, rosemary and garlic grilled porkchops alongside very refreshing gin and tonic in a variety of flavors. If you ever find yourselves craving any Southeast Asian dishes while in Boracay, this is a must visit!

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 30 December 2020 via mobile

Very nice decorated small Restaurant. Food is very good. Especially their Mie Goreng and Pad Thai. Owner is also super welcoming and his kids are also working there. Very good Service. One of the best if not The best option in Boracay

Date of visit: December 2020