“Loved it so much...we got married there!”
Review of Fridays Boracay

Fridays Boracay
Ranked #41 of 148 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Wow is all I can say about this hotel! My husband is from the Philippines and we wanted to do something unique for our wedding day... so why not get married on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world?! It was the best decision I have ever made! Everyone at Friday's was a pleasure to work with and our wedding day far surpassed anything I could've ever imagined! If you're thinking about a destination wedding...this should be at the top of your list! The rooms were amazing, and extremely clean...service was excellent! I just can't say enough good things about this place, and we CANNOT wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Megmillo

Reviewed 9 July 2010

Great location and beautiful white sandy beach! The new suites (treetop) are fantastic...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joost R
Reviewed 1 July 2010

We loved it!!
It is down the far end of the beach, away from the bars and noise, but if you want to wander up the beach, it is walking distance. The whole resort is set on sand which makes the whole thing a little dreamlike. We have stayed in the Maldives, but this was much better (and heaps cheaper!!)
Breakfast was great, as were the cocktails.
Staff were really friendly.
Our room was huge and had a hammock on the balcony which was great for lazing in.
All in all, would definitely recommend it!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank eachschoolholidays
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Stayed here 2 nights as part of a 4-night 1st-time visit to Boracay with a couple of family members. Stayed 2 nights with them at Ambassador (see review), then switched solo to Fridays for 2 nights.

This is Robinson Crusoe luxury at its finest. Had a Deluxe room (hut) facing the pool and steps from the beach. Excellent service received by staff all the way, from the airport transfers, luggage porters, check-in/out to the excellent table service and food at the restaurant where I had breakfast every morning with a view of Paradise. This is the anti-Discovery Shores. Don't expect modern minimalist, but Castaway opulence. Had 1 lunch and all breakfasts at the resort, which were excellent. Choice of 2 mains at lunch; a choice from their a-la carte menu along with juice and coffee at breakfast, all included in the package.

Should I reiterate as per my review of Ambassador that this is the best stretch of the best beach in Boracay? Kudos as well to all the reception ladies, especially Laurie. Also to the one whose name I forget, who patiently stayed on-hold with Air Philippines, 30 mins before I was due to depart the resort trying to decide last minute on whether I should extend my stay in Boracay or not!

Only downsides:

1. Booked Fridays through an online travel publication/agency based in Boracay itself. As I had booked only for myself but was travelling with 2 other people, Fridays (who were handling both transfers to/from Caticlan) insisted that I pay an additional PHP2000 each for the 2 family members for their transfers. My contra-point was that since all rates for reservations at Fridays are good for 2 (double occupancy), I should only have to pay for one additional person, not two. This was firmly not accepted. What added to the frustration was that all emailing on this matter was through the agency, who forwarded my responses and then had to await Friday's response before getting back to me. This lasted for about 5-6 rounds. So in the end I accepted, but with the comment to Fridays (care of the agency) that I would like to register my disappointment that as a resort at the Philippines' premier beach destination, they (Fridays) would not accomodate my reasonable request. We found out upon arrival that a counter at Caticlan airport was charging only PHP500 per person for return transfers to Boracay. But then of course we would not let this mar our 1st time visit to this beautiful island.

2. All guest arrivals (if not from the beach) are from the main road that runs the entire length of Boracay island. From this main road, the entrance to the resort runs up a steep hill (trike drivers at D'Mall find this a convenient excuse to charge extra whenever they hear 'Fridays' as your destination) where you find yourself in what looks like a concrete courtyard with a small roundabout, and fenced off by a bamboo partition fence. My guests rode up on a scooter one day and thought they had arrived at the wrong place! Perhaps a little re-design of this courtyard (landscape, more greenery, maybe a water feature like a small pond) would be more appropriate, to transition your guests to the jewel of a resort they will find themselves at, upon descending the steps from this concrete courtyard. I am sure a creative Filipino Architect could do the job.

Cheers!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank raverboy
Reviewed 15 June 2010

From the moment we stepped out of Caticlan Airport we were greeted by Boh from Fridays. From that moment, we felt our holidays had finally begun. The service is Fridays is impeccable. From your welcome drink and shell necklace to small little gestures like the good night leaf we had placed on our immaculated made bed each night, we felt almost 'loved' :) The stayed in a gorgeous little villa which was what we wanted. Not too sterile and modern. The girls at front desk are just so helpful and everyone is polite and hospitable.
We only had 1 meal at Fridays which was the a la carte breakfast of waffles and the traditional Philipino breakfast - a little pricey but good quality meal. We had read that the meals at Fridays are very good, especially the Fridays bufffet (on Friday) which we unfortunately were not able to sample.
Friday's is located on the quieter Station 1, away from the hustle and bustle of Station 2 where are the clubs, restaurants and shops are. We loved it that way and enjoyed the daily walks to and fro.
From check in the check out we were treated like royalty and would definitely stay again on our next trip to Boracay. It really made a difference.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple