Coast(Boracay)
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrecommend villaexecutive suitequiet endperfect stayfantastic locationquiet areaevery eveningour honeymoonsun loungersbars and restaurantsfree shuttlespecial thankswhite sandsea viewkalibo airporthotel staffd mall
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in Aug-Sep 2017. It is on the "South Beach" of White Beach and is absolutely fantastic. The best part about this hotel is the staff. They are VERY friendly and VERY attentive. They all wished me a cheery "Morning, ma'am" every day and quickly learned my name and room number, that I didn't like cucumber in my water, and that I liked Mango Daiquiris (and would mix a little too much so that there were leftovers ).

The room was small - but for me, it was fine. Clean, air conditioned, nice shower. Slept like a baby every night - I don't think I've slept so much in years! I guess I was in sleep deprivation!

The beach at this hotel is AWESOME. Peaceful, amazing views, most beautiful sunsets. If you prefer a quiet place away from the peddlers, this is the place to stay. The staff rakes the sand multiple times a day to keep the chaff out and it is super soft. They also rearrange furniture to take most advantage of the weather. They are just always working to ensure the best experience for their guests.

Would I stay here again? I paid less than $100/night and I doubt there is a better hotel at any price better than this hotel. A resounding "yes", I would stay here again if I ever return to Boracay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Location

Hotel is located on Station 3 - the quieter end of White Beach. The main clubs, bars, restaurant are all about 10-15 min walk at Station 2, though some are closer.
For transportation - I used hotels own My Boracay guide to get to hotel from Caticlan Airport & is six hundred peso's. Very well organised pick up from airport via private bus, shared boat, private bus & small walk. Staff will carry your bags. It is worth it as there are many fixers trying to rip you off at the boat terminal. They also offer a private boat but costs nearly two thousand peso. I would suggest only if you have a family or group.
The location is very chilled directly on the beach with complimentary chairs & towels. The odd local does come & try to sell you boat tour but it is done so politely & not pushy.
The water is colourful at sea but don’t expect to see any fish.. In close proximity is some convince stores & restaurants. I highly recommend Sunny Side up, 5 minutes walk away for top breakfast.

Room

My room 223 is a superior deluxe located upstairs near reception. Very comfortable room & this is what you pay for since the hotel does not offer breakfast or a pool.
Large queen bed had nice soft mattress topper & soft pillows of which you can select different ones from a pillow menu.
Either side are personal reading lights & large lamps, though one was stained. Light controls are helpfully located there including a dimmer function. In addition to a phone there is an alarm clock with lightning cable charging capabilities but it was broken with wrong time displaying.
Facing the bed is a large TV with about 150 channels at least via cable with viewing for every nationality including Sudanese! However controls are confusing since you need two controls, with no instructions or explanation resulting in me having to call housekeeping at 2am to explain.
There is a large desk with mirror, kettle & mini bar items in fridge. They offer a nice chocolate bar but be wary its nearly 5 euros.
A wardrobe contains a laptop size safe, a robe & slippers. Unfortunately no flip flops in which most beach hotels offer. The bathroom is modern & boutique with nice water flow tap & shower cubicle, though as another reviewer commented does take a while to get warm. Amenities are a mix of hotel brands bottles, dental kits but also Dove shower dispenser & Dutch brand Rituals hand soap. The room is carpeted in which is initially odd but it does collect sand well. AC is good but only issue I had is that it is not very 'beachy' because the window is frosted and tiny & therefore slightly claustrophobic. Obviously you wanna be at the beach, but when it rains it can be a little depressing just being in the room due to lack of natural light.

Facilities

The hotel offer WIFI & whilst slow at times it works fine for FB or emails.
There is a restaurant / bar in reception but the food is not that memorable compared to other restaurants & is kind of pricey. They don't include breakfast in any room rate & one should therefore consider the additional expense of your staying for a week or more, since most hotels on the island do offer breakfast.
The beach is nice & they do offer chairs & towels. But since the chairs are fixed curved upright, I found them a bit uncomfortable for more than an hour. Also the layout of the chairs means sun will not come over you, since you are under palm trees until about 12pm. However view is fantastic especially for sunset.

Staff

Staff are generally nice but not particularly special that others have described. If you have been around Asia & Philippines in particular, hotel staff are nice everywhere. I found the reception girls a little lazy and somewhat rude when it came to tours. Did complain and management did make effort to discuss.

After researching many hotels in Boracay & deciding on this hotel - I was a little disappointed. I found the vibe a little pretentious (talking about fellow Europeans as oppose to staff).
If you are deciding and a room is important to you then it's a great place to stay but for the price you can get breakfast included & also a swimming pool included at the some great other hotels on this island. Perhaps I had too higher expectations reading other reviews but I would say it's feels a little over priced & underwhelmed.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank docdot
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I and my 4 friends had a great stay ! All the staff were so accommodating and friendly, nothing more to say there.

Just one thing : I wouldn't call it a luxury hotel exactly, more like a 3-star one. No complaints though, our room was nice and clean, hotel grounds were well-kept. On certain days there was a lot of trash along the beach, but that wasn't VC's fault. I do wish all Boracay hotels would be committed to keeping the island clean !

Room Tip: We got a deluxe room and the hotel was kind of enough to let 5 of us stay in (no more villas available).
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Dominique D
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Stayed at this hote for 4 days and was very pleased with the hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful. The family room we had was very spacious and clean. Had your own beach which was also very good. Overall we would recommend and visit again. The my also provided and arranged transfers to and from hotel which was very good. Would definitely recommend

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 August 2017

During our holidays this year we stayed 4 nights in this nice place. We should have booked more nights as we enjoyed our visit very much.
We booked the large family suite with sea view. Great room, enough for the 4 of us.
All the staff were very friendly but especially Erwin was a top staff member Always firndly and genuinly interested in our well-being.

Room Tip: Sea view is really worth the extra price, breakfast is not included and you can have breakfast narby the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family