“Mosquitoes and Rude Bartenders/Waiters. Avoid.”

Victory Beach Resort
Ranked #79 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 3 June 2017

I will never go back here even if you paid me.
Pros:
1. The check-in and front desk staff were lovely.
2. Rooms on the 3rd floor were quiet. Boracay can be loud at night.
3. Big rooms hot water
Cons:
1) Extremely rude bartender women. They also take your order for food. They seemed extremely disinterested in serving. Me and my husband would go and literally sit right in front of them and they would never even look our way. When you did ask them a question or order they always seem so pained and annoyed. Also weird you would ask for a drink and they would always say just one. Yes, just one do you think I can drink two at a time? They would even ask when my husband already had a drink in his hand. Strange.
2. Mosquitoes in the room like crazy! In the hall, they have those plug in mosquito-killing machines which they need to have in every single room.
3. I got bit by mosquitoes while I slept very badly which I never do. My hand swelled up around my knuckle. I woke up at 5 am because I was scratching it so much it started to hurt.
4. The wall color is bright orange. This makes for killing the mosquitoes impossible because you can't see them.
5. I couldn't have the maid clean because I was afraid more mosquitoes would come in because they leave the door open while they clean. So I would just ask for new towels.
6. Beds are extremely hard and uncomfortable.

The two big determining factors are the rude women at the bar and the paint in the room making it hard to kill the mosquitoes.

Room Tip: Get ready for mosquitoes
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 20 July 2017

Hello Miss Julia,
We have clearly taken noticed of this issue and have taken necessary action. We thank you for your honest criticism. Regarding the mosquitoes, we are trying to get rid of them in an eco-friendly way instead of spraying harmful chemicals. We apologize that these natural tropical insects ruined your stay.
Our utmost apology regarding this matter.

Kind regards,
Victory Beach Resort Team

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

What I like about this place is that its near the happy places like bars though they have their own and a wide variety of choices when it comes to food like buffet. It is also near D'Talipapa and souvenir shops so no hassle to buy pasalubong before going home. The rooms are clean with a high quality air conditioning. I think it was newly rennovated when we checked in. You can also have diving lessons at the victory divers. Just the eight place for you to rest after a long day at the beach. And the room rates are affordable.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

I recommend this place.

It's a beachfront, where we can enjoy the moment just infront of the place.

Good food at affordable price.

We appreciate the room that we had.

We had 5 wonderful days with the place, and since its located at station 2, we don't to worry of walking much around.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

I have been to Boracay many times before but it's the first time that I stayed in a beachfront property and I loved it! I like the fact that the view of the majestic ocean is right in front of you as soon as you get out of the hotel. The hotel is also right in the middle of every other thing you want to experience in the island - fantastic restaurants, water activities, night life, etc! Apart from that, I also liked the helpfulness and warm smiles of the receptionists namely, Erwin and Wendy! Well done, guys! Thank you for your help! Perhaps the only think that I didn't like about my stay was the outdated design of the room. It looked dated, surely needs an upgrade to become at par with the newer hotels in the area. The design also wasn't so relaxing - choice of paint colors was weird - too bright for a room where you just want to relax your tired body! But all in all, I enjoyed my stay. My mom followed the day after I checked in. I will consider staying here again next time I visit this lovely paradise!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2017

unpleasant experience...2 waitress who work at breakfast are rude at us (Filipino) while they serve foreigner with all smile and friendliness...there were 2 other Filipino family there and we got the same treatment like we are 'poor'
beware of mosquitoes. had to spray our room before bedtime! towels and lines are old and dirty with stains (i wonder how they wash them... eww)...we did visit some hotels to compare notes...there are better and fancy hotels with few more bucks but its all worth the money! NOT COMING BACK TO THIS HOTEL! and NOT recommending it either!!!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family