All reviews little india mrt station budget hotel tv hairdryer linens
Reviewed 9 November 2014 via mobile

It's near too many great attractions, also near to MRT. But the room is too small. Not recommended for family with baby. The receptionist is quiet helpful, and u can access internet for free. The price is relative cheap for a hotel in Singapore. I booked the room online, so they gave me permition to check in earlier.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 22 October 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 6 nights. The room is small, but just right for us since most of the day we were out. Sheets and towels were changed every day; however, they don't sweep the floor nor clean the toilet.

Other couples come and go at any time of the day, that's okay.. Just don't mind them. :)

We stayed on the 8th floor and we noticed that most of the people on this floor is for travellers. There was one night though that we saw a 'usual' couple that checked in, and we thought that maybe all rooms below were occupied.

This hotel is located on a one-way road. It's best to take a bus whenever you come back on your room, so you won't get tired from walking. Whenever you leave to go aroud the city, you may take the train via Little India station. You may also walk to The Verge to take the bus. It'll take you around 5mins to get to the station/bus stop.

Our stay is okay... Some staff were friendly, and there's one that was not. We asked to use the phone at the lobby as the one in our room was very noisy, you can't hear the person on the other line. That guy didn't understand what our problem was and he checked the line by calling our room, I said I can barely hear him as there's a lot of static on the line - he then assumed that the line was good.

I recommend staying at Bugis instead. The bus stop is just right in front of the hotel and the mrt station is near. Chinatown is okay as well.

**there's a starbucks store near hotel81-selegie, just a couple of minutes walk :)

**there's also a hawker shop near starbucks, you just need to cross the street

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim G
Reviewed 4 September 2014 via mobile

Stayed here from 19-20.It was a back-up option for us and we had no problems getting a room a day before..scratch that, the night before.The place was safe enough that you can even leave your bags in front of the front desk, like literally..but with tags.No problems with the stay and overall an okay experience as a traveller.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kyle Shiznit L
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Hotel 81 chain seems to have started out as a bunch of sleazy short-time hotels. This one (and most others, I gather) still do that but it's discreet and plenty of budget-conscious travelers stay there. The chain also provides reasonably priced room (for Singapore) in other areas full of great places to eat and shop. My room was very small (though I've seen even smaller in Singapore) but clean, quiet, with a modern shower, a small desk, and fast wifi. The room would be a real squeeze for two people, and there's nowhere to put any luggage beyond a small bag. But for a good night sleep at this price (about US$70), this is good value.

Room Tip: Upper floors to avoid the short-time traffic.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've visited Singapore for several times. And this month, I chose to stay in three hotels throughout my trip.

The first hotel is Hotel 81 Selegie. Here are something you need to know:
* 5-10 minutes walk from MRT station. Easy to reach.
* Price is cheap. I've got a room for USD70 per night. You'll get a bed, a small table, a bathroom & shower. And a big mirror ... for ??? (tell you later)
* Please expect that the room is so tiny and compact. From the door, one step to your bed and two steps to the bathroom.
* Wi-Fi in room is super fast. It's even better than iBis and Novtel (which I stayed on later days)
* Bus stop is also in front, and it's easy to walk to Little India area. Or 15-20 walk to Bugis area.
* 7-11 is 10 steps from the front of the hotel. So it's convenience. Be reminded that there's no refrigerator in room. I purchased lot of chocolate from Mustafa, and they melted down on just another day.

Highlight for this hotel is during the night time. You will find lovers and partners and hookers paraded to Hotel 81 for some activities. They may love the private room with cheap price and big mirror in room, which the size is equivalent to the bed.

Nothing more to tell. If it's just a room to stay at night, this is good choice, and you don't have to stay at hostel. But if you don't like very small room with no window, just big mirror to see your face and body clearly ... stay away !!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business