“touristy!”

Ranked #3,107 of 11,949 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Since opening its doors at Clarke Quay on 2008, Tomo Izakaya which offers one of the best night scenes in Singapore was awarded the Best Interior Design Award by CNBC.With its splendid array of ‘Japanese tapas’ and wide selection of beers, sakes and shochus, Tomo Izakaya is popularising the izakaya concept in the local dining scene as the place for colleagues, friends and families to socialise and bond over food and drinks. Swing by on Fridays and Saturdays to enjoy an evening of jazz, sake and cocktails. Worth a mention, Tomo Izakaya also boasts a weekly seasonal menu using the freshest seasonal ingredients from Japan. This conviviality sets Tomo Izakaya apart from ordinary Japanese Restaurant.
Reviewed 12 January 2018

located in the very touristy and noisy Clarke Quay. once we were shown to a table in the half empty restaurant it was a good 15 minutes before a waiter came over ask for our drinks etc. they have an extensive menu supported by glossy photos. when the orders arrived they nothing like the lovely photos!! I was made to feel like a nuisance because I politely asked if in fact what was offered was what in the photograph as there was no resemblance. no apology or explanation was offered! the food tasted bland and more Chinese (Cantonese) than Japaneses. The restaurant is a perfect fit with the whole down market experience that is Clarke quay.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Special crazy hour and happy hour Japanese beers every day of the week!

Great pit stop after a "Food & Cycle" ride around the city!

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Went there for dinner on a Saturday night. The only good part about this restaurant is the location. Otherwise - stay away! Service was non-existent. Never experienced anything like that in any restaurant here in Singapore. My husband and I ordered four dishes to share. We waited for about 40 minutes only to get served tongue on a skewer that was absolutely inedible. Big chunks, very very chewy, had to spit it out, it was disgusting. Even my husband who is not a fussy eater couldn't eat it. We waited a further 20 minutes to get the grilled octopus, while people at the neighboring tables who had ordered the same dish half an hour after us were served much sooner! They had simply forgotten our order! It finally arrived, lukewarm, together with some veggies. Still no fried rice with octopus which we had ordered. Upon asking, the moody unmotivated waitress couldn't find the order in the system and we had to show her again on the menu what we wanted. Horrible dinner experience all in all. Never again! They didn't even clear dirty dishes or glasses. Very expensive for such a lousy experience. After we had paid the bill and were about to leave, the waitress came over and asked if she should prepare our bill. WTF ?

Reviewed 27 October 2017

I was expecting a bit better service considering there were about four people working in the place and four tables including two solos sitting at the bar. I found my food to lack taste compared to the normal Singapore standards, or even to Japanese food. One to avoid moving forward. On the plus side, the view of Robertson's Quay across the way, as well as the constant river tour boats detracted from the sour taste in one's mouth.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I walk around Clarke Quay area to find the nice restaurant for dinner. Until i walked to the end of the road opposite side to Central Mall then i found TOMO IZAKAYA and immediately decided to get in the restaurant and find the seat. I like this restaurant as their quality of food, excellent services, reasonable prices. I recommend this restaurant if you want high quality of Japanese food, you should try this one.