“Great ambience, great food”
Review of Don & Tori

Don & Tori
Reserve with Chope
Don & Tori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #510 of 12,644 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$11 - US$22
Neighbourhood: Central Area/City Area
Description: Don & Tori is a modern Japanese restaurant that strips away the traditions of Japanese cuisine and serves Japanese inspired cocktails. Our extensive menu features an innovative list of signature donburi bowls and makis, as well as yakimono (grilled or pan-fried) items and creates a serene Japanese inspired dining enclave in the heart of the Central Business District.
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I found out about this place on social media, and decided to try it out, since I have a personal weakness for beef rice bowls.

Arrived without a reservation for lunch on a weekday, and the place was really quite empty. Very nice ambience though, love the paintings on the walls and the natural light shining in.

They have pretty good set lunches, and I tried the signature Foie Gras Wagyu Beef rice bowl that comes with an onsen egg too. For me, it's got everything I love in one bowl. It's very tasty, with generous portions of both the beef and the foie gras, and I was very much satisfied. In fact, I enjoyed my first visit so much, I was there again after a couple of weeks. This time I tried the appetizer of Truffle Salmon Carpaccio, along with some Pork Belly don.

The Truffle Salmon Carpaccio was downright HEAVENLY, seriously. I highly recommend it. It's so good, I think I can easily order 3 of these and eat it for a main course.
As for the pork belly don, it was nice too. Not as satisfying as the foie gras beef don I had previously, but still very tasty.

I sure wouldn't mind going back again, even if just to eat back the same dishes I've tried before.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Food was fresh and the restaurant had a cosy ambience. Would recommend to come here for a casual meal, romantic dates, business meeting or a hearty gathering with friends!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

One of my favorite destinations for good japanese cuisines in Singapore is Don & Tori at 74 Tras Street. Great for a quick lunch or omakase dinners. The cocktails at the bar are a worth a trip every evening. Definitely a recommended destination for japanese food lovers in Singapore.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Tucked away in the CBD is this little gem, with a cosy atmosphere and amazing food. A colleague recommended I try the Wagyu Foie Gras don and it didn't disappoint! I've been thinking of it since... No other words - EXCELLENT!

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

This Japanese restaurant is tucked away in a busy area of the CBD in Singapore. Can be a little difficult to find, but once you do! Oh what a great surprise!

Food is fantastic, definitely go for the wagyu truffle don and the angel hair pasta! Chef Jack who is wonderful also gave us a new toro dish with miso vinegar which was off the menu! (See pictures)

Definitely worth a visit if you are here in Singapore. The cocktails are also really good!

Staff are friendly and the service is a better standard than most restaurants I’ve tried in Singapore.

100% recommended.

Date of visit: February 2018
Shona N, Public Relations Manager at Don & Tori, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hi Dina, those are two of our favourite dishes too! Will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff, we'll be thrilled to have you come back for a meal again very soon!