“Food and service were alright”

Sushi Jiro @ Keppel Bay
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Neighbourhood: Maritime Square
Neighbourhood: Maritime Square
Reviewed 5 March 2021

I've been to the old Sushi Jiro when it was back in Marina Mandarin many years ago. Ordered the sushi set and it tasted marvelous. I decided to pay a visit to Sushi Jiro again at Keppel Bay and ordered 2 sets of 12 kinds premium assorted sushi at $118++ each. As I am allergic to prawn, I requested no prawn for my set. My friend loves prawn but was disappointed to see that we have the exact same sushi and his set does not even have prawn. Out of 12 sushi, only a few were outstanding and 3 of them I had to 'just get over with'. Even though the restaurant was pretty empty, we were not offered a better seating - counter seats (2 of which were empty throughout the night, with safe distancing considered). Besides sushi, we ordered edamame, chawanmushi, dobinmushi (which was cleared without asking us if we were done with it when the sushi arrived) and Japanese premium wagyu A5 beef steak - best dish out of all. Given a nearly $400 meal, we felt that it is not valued for money and we could have enjoyed a better meal at many other establishments in Singapore. Most likely will not return again.

Date of visit: February 2021
Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
Write a reviewReviews (21)

Reviewed 5 January 2021

Spent more than $500 for 3 persons. Zero professionalism from the Omakase Chef. Using the phone in between preparation of food. Talking to someone constantly who seems to be a friend at the counter who ordered only a Coke. Ordered 4 Oysters and without informing us in advance, gave us 8 small oysters as the bigger ones had run out. For the price and the absolute lack of service, it would be better if we had gone to a conveyor belt sushi restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank Soonie777
Reviewed 2 January 2021

Booked this place for celebration for my spouse's birthday plus anniversary. Its a quiet and nice place. Food are excellent and up to our expectations. Dessert choices are limited.

Reviewed 29 December 2020 via mobile

Had lunch with my missus here on a Tuesday. The restaurant has a pretty nice sushi bar counter overlooking the Bay Area where the yachts are located.

Wife had the A5 wagyu beef bowl and I ordered the jiro omakase. The food was really good and exquisite.

Service was a bit lacking as I believe there was a big group dining too.

67  Thank simplytravelandeat
Reviewed 28 December 2020

nice place with a nice view
service is good
food is good as well
unfortunately for that price, i was comparing to many other restaurants with just about that price point that is a lot better. still not a bad place to visit if you're looking for a quiet spot.

2  Thank thedancinglemur