34 people are viewing this hotel
Prestigia.comUS$1,428
EtripUS$1,327
StayForLong
29,679 results
All reviews infinity pool orchid suite city view rise restaurant observation deck bucket list light show huge hotel iconic hotel club room marina bay hotel guests singapore skyline shopping mall food court premier room room key
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This hotel is nothing short than 5 stars. The roof top pool has the most spectacular view of the city - make a point of going up there with your suit and jumping in the pool with a Singapore Sling. They are $18 but worth it to have at least one.
There is a giant shopping mall across the street so if you don't want to pay an arm and a leg for your meal, just follow the path underground to the food court and eat some real Singaporean food.

1  Thank TorontoTara
Reviewed 5 August 2012

A hotel that focuses on attention to detail, everything is up kept to a high quality, rooms, restaurants, skypark. The restaurants are great and reasonably priced for Singapore standards. The only negative is that the hotel is very busy but then this is'nt neccessarily a negative as the space is large enough therefore you are not on top of people and its kept clean. I would recommend the chocolate buffet on top floor for anyone with a sweettooth, they serve 57 different chocolate deserts, all we're yummie! Recommended for families, business travel, couples and anyone else as this hotel has something for everyone.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank stephanies432
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Thank you for your review and recommendation of Marina Bay Sands, Stephanie S.

I am glad to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us and had the opportunity to indulge in cocoa-inspired creations at The Chocolate Bar.

I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future to experience more of our multi-dimensional offerings.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

We were on holiday at the time of our daughters 21st Birthday - that's a one off event - with that in mind we selected MBS with two considerations 1) The hotel quality/pool novelty 2) An expectation of high quality service. And the result was.....
1) Hotel Quality:
Nice hotel, nicely designed with a really great infinity pool on the 57th floor, nice rooms, amazing views of the city, good breakfast (albeit very busy), etc, etc. Without doubt go for the city view rooms.
2) Hotel Service:
Appalling, possibly amongst the lowest I have seen in the world. When booking it is almost impossible to connect with any real person before arrival, upon arrival (after 5pm) only one of the rooms I had booked (and was now paying for) was available and the requests I had made at booking were not honoured - some of them were honoured after significant complaints were made but not all. The "express service" staff were robotic in their responses and seemed to lack any ability to make customer oriented decisions themselves. The most frustrating thing was that a member of staff personally promised me that my daughters birthday cake would be delivered to the room at a specific time for the birthday celebration - when we got to the room at the agreed time - no cake, nothing! wholly disappointing for a hotel of this calibre. To be fair there was one member of management who personally addressed the cake situation with a genuine apology and honest professionalism which we truly appreciated (thankyou Lynda).

On reflection, this hotel is too big to be able to provide any kind of personal level of service and I should have realised that on booking - the lack of responsiveness to my requests when booking were a warning sign but you live and learn as they say. I kept my side of the bargain and paid the full rate I committed to for my rooms -- however Marina Bay Sands failed to keep their side of the bargain and provide what I had paid for - I find that disappointing and I left with a net impression that the hotel management are focused on money only and fail to realise that in this business reputation and service are critical differentiators in the long run.

My advice: this hotel is well located and nicely designed, the pool 57 floors above the city is a great concept with great views, however if you also expect good service then I'd suggest other hotels who know how to do this properly. You can always go to MBS for breakfast or for a trip up to the skypark for the view if you are so inclined - if you want both the pool and the service then I'd do one night at MBS, experience the pool but then do your other nights in Fullerton or Raffles for reliable service, with hindsight that's what I should have done for our birthday celebration.

Room tip: Request city view side, high floor, tower 2
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
11  Thank cc_KL
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Marina Bay Sands is quite a spectacle to look at in the evening in Singapore if you are around the Marina Boulevard area. The hotel sports three sprawling towers which shoot 57 stories upwards. The top of the hotel has an observation deck called the "Skypark", a pool which overlooks the Singapore skyline called the "Infinity Pool, and bars and restaurants. It is quite rare that an individual is not awed by the architectural wonder of this establishment.

The entry to the Skypark and access to the pool is free for hotel residents. Even if you are not feeling like a dip in the pool, you can spend a considerable amount of time roaming on the skypark's deck and admiring the light studded Singapore skyline!

The rooms are quite spacious and service for such a large establishment is quite good and prompt. The staff is efficient. If you are used to quiet environs, then you will feel quite claustrophobic during the morning and late evening hours during the weekend. Yes it is quite possible to feel that way in this mammoth place! Well it is not probably as bad as I make it sound but this hotel is bustling with activity during the morning and evenings.

They are one of the hotels who do not put a restriction on the number of devices you connect to the hotel WiFi unlike the other hotels in the area. The hotel is located quite close to the business district and is less than a 15-20 cab ride to areas like Clark Quay and Boat Quay!

The Infinity pool is an out-of-the-world experience and if you make it there early in the evening, then you will avoid the late evening rush! There is nothing like lazing at the edge of the pool and staring down at the city's skyline! Avoid the edge of the pool if you suffer from arcophobia! :)

There a variety of cuisines that you can choose from the hotel restaurants or at the nearby Bay Link mall ranging from Continental, Asian, Indian, European etc. As a food lover, you won't have to get out of the area but can indulge your taste buds in majority of the world's cuisines. Some of the restaurants will make you a little more poorer than usual but then again, you are in a prime area of the city... So you should come with the expectation that you will be paying an additional premium for the service!

If you have never stayed in this place, then I would recommend to experience a stay at Marina Bay Sands the next time you are in the country!

Room tip: If you are planning to book a stay at this hotel, make an advance booking with a room preference (at least 2-3 weeks before your actual stay).
1  Thank Amit B

Dear AlwaysNomadic,

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experiences here. I am delighted that you had the opportunity to experience unrivalled 360 degree views of the Singapore skyline from the Sands SkyPark.

At Marina Bay Sands it is our goal to create once-in-a-lifetime for our guests and I hope to welcome you back soon to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Great place for any kind of meetings, expo and conventions, Very professional staff and supervisors and excellent facilities and also food. The Sands Expo and Convention Center is Singapore's largest and most flexible exhibition and meeting venue, featuring the island's largest hotel with an amazing pool on the 57th floor.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review, Luzius01.

I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am especially heartened to learn that our Team Members contributed to making your stay a comfortable one.

I look forward to your next visit at our one-stop destination for entertainment, shopping and business.