“A real oasis in Singapore”

Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #42 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

I booked a few days at the Oasia hotel as part of a trip to emigrate to Australia - so I was very much looking for some gentle relaxation, peace and quiet.

I cannot emphasise enough how well the hotel met my needs! I paid the additional fee to upgrade my room to a Club room - and I fully recommend anyone else who can, pays for the upgrade. Included in this you get use of the Living Room (lounge on the 22nd floor) all day, including exclusive pool and terrace. There is complimentary breakfast in the morning, tea coffee and snacks throughout the day, and cocktails (designed by staff!) and canapés in the evening - well worth the extra cost! The Club deal also includes a bus tour of the city (probably not the best out there but not bad for a freeby), either early checkin or late checkout, and lounge access at the airport.

I arrived after an early morning flight at 9am and staff welcomed me and ensured my room was ready by 11am despite me not having requested an early checkin. My room was clean and comfortable, I had requested a view and was placed on the top floor of the hotel (sadly it was so hazy the view wasn't great but I can't hold the hotel responsible for that!)

Wifi internet was available throughout the hotel and the strength was excellent (even in bedrooms, which I have found previously in other hotels to be an issue).

Sam (manager) contacted me a couple of days before my stay and offered any assistance I needed prior to my visit. He made a point of welcoming me by name when he saw me in the hotel, and was also complicit in organising a surprise gift in my room sent by friends at home - all, I believe, at no charge to them or me. He also facilitated an (even!) later checkout when he realised that my onward flight was late at night.

Staff in the Living Room were always friendly and helpful, and most of them greeted me by name - a nice touch! The cocktail creators (some job envy there!) Enrique and Charline (sp?) went out of their way to provide tasty and exotic drinks, and Charline was particularly welcoming on the last evening when I had checked out but had several hours to wait until leaving for the airport.

Although this hotel is a little further out of central Singapore, transport links are very straightforward with an MRT station in the hotel basement.

All in all this was a superb hotel experience and I would recommend a stay here to anyone else visiting Singapore.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Oasia_Hotel_SG, Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

Dear elwo1987

Thank you for sharing this glowing review of your stay at Oasia Hotel Singapore. I am delighted that you chose the club experience for your time here and that it surpassed your expectations.

I have passed on your kind words to Sam this morning and he remarked to me that feedback such as this motivates him and that he was thrilled at the recognition.

I will pass on your comments about the club team to Enrique and Charmine at the earliest opportunity and I'm confident they will be equally pleased.

Do please feel free to contact me directly should you be returning to Singapore so we can warmly welcome you back.

jamescoleman@fareast.com.sg

Write a ReviewReviews (4,071)

Reviewed 10 September 2015

Stayed here our last night in Singapore with our 2 kids.
This hotel was great value as our package for $AUD280 included:
(2) breakfast for all 4 of us
(3) $30 of "Food Republic" vouchers
(4) Hop on/off bus for 4 people
(5) 2 MRT cards
(6) guaranteed late 6pm checkout (we had a late flight so this was great)
As well, the hotel let 4 of us share a room. Room was cosy but comfortable and well maintained. Pool was relatively small and not flash but it was good enough for a few laps and not busy. Shopping malls and MRT were connected to the hotel so super convenient. Oh, and they delivered a cake for my birthday - so nice !

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank poohpawsAustralia

Dear poohpawsAustralia

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about Oasia Hotel Singapore on TripAdvisor. It would agree with you that the hotel provides great value for money and I hope you enjoyed your birthday. Whilst our hotel rooms sleep a maximum of three (with interconnecting rooms available) I'm glad we could accommodate you on this occasion and hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

jamescoleman@fareast.com.au

Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

The most amazing thing about this hotel? The staff. We were totally spoiled by them.
Check in was smooth. Given a lovely corner room in the 23rd floor. When we entered the room there's come the surprise photo montage for my husband. I felt how much he was touched for that gesture. Thanks to Sam for that.
The living room was totally a relaxing place plus the warm welcome and excellent service of Elica, Ifa, Sara and Hazrul made our vacation like a honeymoon. We never felt a dull moment in the living room having Hazrul to crack some funny jokes. He is totally a customer service person.
Bed was so much comfortable. Food was good.
Stayed for 4 nights and never I seen any staff who wouldn't greet us.
Lovely place with lovely people.
Definitely we'll stay here again whenever we travel again in Singapore.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear liveworktravel12

What a delight it was to read this great review! I'm thrilled that your experience of our club rooms and lounge surpassed your expectations and I know the whole team including Elica, Ifa, Sara, Sam and of course Hazrul will also be delighted to read your kind words.

I note that you are a local so I would love the opportunity to welcome you back. Please do feel free to contact me directly should you be returning.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

Stayed for 2 nights on a stopover and enjoyed the service and facilities in the hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Had breakfast at the Marmalade Pantry restaurant and food was great especially the Chinese ones. Returning back for sure!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo

Dear Simon B

Thank you for this review of your stay at Oasia Hotel Singapore. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you found the food in our restaurant The Marmalade Pantry to your liking.

I do hope you choose to stay with us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

Read my full review: http://kandsgotravel.blogspot.com/2014_10_01_archive.html

First experience at the club lounge, It was excellent. Served interesting drinks and cocktails. Steamed milk, flavoured strawberry steam milk was my favourite. Oasia concoction of oasis sling and the coffee was good!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dameimei
Oasia_Hotel_SG, Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2015

Dear dameimei

Thanks for sharing your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay in a club room and I'm very much looking forward to reading your blog about your experience.

Please do feel free to contact me if you are returning as I would love the opportunity to welcome you back.