“FOCACCIA DI RECCO TO DIE FOR”

Etna Italian Restaurant
Ranked #238 of 11,191 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

LOCATION
Absolutely beautiful on a charming road in the heart of China town. Lovely patio for outdoor dining. Interior decor sober and elegant.
SERVICE
Professional and friendly. Ready to offer suggestions. Executive chef Mauro - originally from Liguria- came out to meet us and offered us a few suggestions for dinner. It's great to see a chef wanting to spend time with patrons. BRAVO Mauro!
FOOD
Burrata e prosciutto for starters were great. Fresh and tasty.
Focaccia di RECCO al formaggio it's an experience in itself. Was as good as it gets in Italy. I could have just dine on it.
Pizza was good yet after the focaccia it was difficult to match the experience.
Chef Mauro suggested next time we try the pasta as well. So we will.

I recommend it and will return
CIAO

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Great food. I enjoyed the lasagna and my friend found the crab pasta delicious.

The real test was the dessert, see if the chef could produce a decent tiramisu. I was a bit afraid when it arrived at the table because it looked more like a cake but when I tasted it, I was relieved. Tasted great. The piece of chocolate with tiramisu literally melts, good quality.

Great Italian food. I heard from a friend that the T-bone is nice but will need to go back to confirm.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Ambience was nice for catching up with friends. The restaurant was well lit which is not always the case for Italian restaurants. Everything we ordered tasted great and the service was reasonable considering it was busy during dinner time. Would be a better value if it was less expensive, but we would be happy to eat here again.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

The place is always crowded. The staff was very friendly & efficient.
We had the Seafood Salad, Zuppa, Fish and Tiramisu (with pistachio paste!) for dinner. The food was yummy but a little pricey.
We had a lovely time.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

One of my favourite Italian in town. Food was always good and the Italian touch was really making a difference.