As part of our honeymoon we stayed here , in one of the "window bathroom" that I heard of from previous reviews howerver there is a blind that you can shut so no real problem there.
The room we had was small for what I am use to having in Singapore. Especially as you see the lobby you expect a little more. In the room we had a bottle of champagne (from a relative that ordered it for us before we arrived ,as we got to the room at the time we indicated we would check in In our room the ice bucked had turned to water so champagne was room temp). We had really noisy people next door (door bell ringing at 2 am etc doors slamming) as our room had a connecting door with theres it was not very romantic....
The breakfast buffet makes up for the small room , they even have really good coffee! The club lounge is per say better than the norm, the canapés are more refined , and they have a wider selection of champagnes than most club rooms I have been to.
The bar is also very good (you wait a long time for food so get there early) the drinks are nice and refreshing and in the corner of the bar, a little smokers balcony. (as this being a non smoking hotel the balcony is great for those of us that do not wish to stand next to Starbucks to smoke). The big disappointment was at checking out I waited for about 15 minutes to sort out payment ,the receptionist said all was payed and have a safe trip home. HOWEVER I received an email 3 days later saying as I didn't check out at reception (when I did) they have had to charge my card for a certain amount that was higher than what was originally quoted. They charged my card before my acceptance (not very professional ) . I feel kinda cheated as this was part of our honeymoon , and we only get married once. I can't recommend this hotel ,and am disapointed that I do not wish to stay there again, as the location is just fab.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Plaza on Scotts is a deluxe Singapore hotel offering free WIFI and high-speed wired Internet to cater to your business needs. The rooms are also equipped with free Nespresso gourmet coffee, minibars that are replenished daily and free local calls. Delight yourself with meals at award-wining buffet restaurant, Carousel or try out our delicious Artisan cupcakes by Gourmet Carousel. Enjoy exclusive access to 24 hour facilities such as the Internet Lounge and the gym. Our excellent location in Orchard Road means that we are steps away from iconic shopping malls such as ION Orchard, Paragon and Takashimaya and a 10-minutes' drive to the main business and financial institutions like Marina Bay, Shenton Way and Suntec towers. Upcoming events in Singapore: Food & Hotel Asia 2016, Great Singapore Sale and CommunicAsia 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Plaza on Scotts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Hotel Singapore
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Singapore