“honeymoon”

Ranked #47 of 315 Hotels in Singapore
London, United Kingdom
“honeymoon”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

As part of our honeymoon we stayed here , in one of the "window bathroom" that I heard of from previous reviews howerver there is a blind that you can shut so no real problem there.
The room we had was small for what I am use to having in Singapore. Especially as you see the lobby you expect a little more. In the room we had a bottle of champagne (from a relative that ordered it for us before we arrived ,as we got to the room at the time we indicated we would check in In our room the ice bucked had turned to water so champagne was room temp). We had really noisy people next door (door bell ringing at 2 am etc doors slamming) as our room had a connecting door with theres it was not very romantic....
The breakfast buffet makes up for the small room , they even have really good coffee! The club lounge is per say better than the norm, the canapés are more refined , and they have a wider selection of champagnes than most club rooms I have been to.
The bar is also very good (you wait a long time for food so get there early) the drinks are nice and refreshing and in the corner of the bar, a little smokers balcony. (as this being a non smoking hotel the balcony is great for those of us that do not wish to stand next to Starbucks to smoke). The big disappointment was at checking out I waited for about 15 minutes to sort out payment ,the receptionist said all was payed and have a safe trip home. HOWEVER I received an email 3 days later saying as I didn't check out at reception (when I did) they have had to charge my card for a certain amount that was higher than what was originally quoted. They charged my card before my acceptance (not very professional ) . I feel kinda cheated as this was part of our honeymoon , and we only get married once. I can't recommend this hotel ,and am disapointed that I do not wish to stay there again, as the location is just fab.

Room Tip: don't accept a room with a connecting door
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (819)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Montgomery, AL
Reviewed 8 March 2012

While a little pricey, the hotel was well worth it. The restaurant was fantastic including the free breakfast (although, it is very expensive otherwise).

Very close to great shopping and easy access to tours, etc.

Room was beautiful, clean, and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
rpcrm, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Dear Christopher D,

Thank you!

I am glad we were able to provide a stay that is beautiful, clean and comfortable. The fantastic location, raved by many travellers, does help one to get around easily. Adding to that, I am pleased to know that you started off your day with a great breakfast at our award winning buffet restaurant, Carousel.

Be sure to join us again on your future travels!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Well situated in the main street of Singapore (Orchard Road). Good size rooms and very clean. for Nespresso lovers, the hotel provides a machine and 6 free refills per day. There is a free refill for the minibar (water/softdrinks/Oreo) on daily basis.
The breakfast is very good.
Being on Orchard road, there are many shopping places around, and one large metro station is few meters away from the hotel. That metro station comprises a large number of shops / restaurants that are open till 10pm or later.
on the 15th floor, the hotel has a club that serves snacks/drinks. Ensure you get those freely with your subscription as you may end paying about SGD60 per day to get such access. This was not available on my booking via booking.com
In general, the stay was very good and the hotel is recommended.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Azmi-Travel,

Thank you for your recommendation!

Your compliments are deeply appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed the Nespresso coffee and the free minibar. Business trips can be exhausting at times. Therefore, providing a place for rest to refresh our guests is important. From your review, I am sure you had all your needs met.

I am looking forward to your next trip!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 8 March 2012

For the price we have stayed in better hotels even taking into account the price of staying in Singapore. The hotel does what it says on the box... No more no less....
The rooms are adequate and well maintained, the breakfast is good with a good choice options to suit all. Location is fine only a few minutes from the MTR on Orchard Road.

Staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Wilso83,

Thank you for your review here on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate your time to share your experience with others. We, at Royal Plaza on Scotts, understand that the one thing to start the day right is a good breakfast. It is my pleasure to be able to provide that.

Thank you for your compliments for our staff. Encouragement from our guests will allow us to constantly review our standards and quality of our service. We hope to see you soon at Royal Plaza on Scotts!

Stockholm
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Stayed my second visit at this hotel earlier this year and again came home completely satisfied. The rooms are good with comfortable beds, good bathrooms and of course they are very clean. There is also a coffee machine in room and a mini bar with non-alcoholic beverages that is refilled each day. Wifi is free.

All the staff I have interacted with, reception or club or doormen, have been very helpful.

The location is also very good as it is close to Orchard MRT station and the shopping malls on Orchard Road are within walking distance.

In short I will recommend Royal Plaza on Scotts to others.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
rpcrm, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear hobbyturisten,

Thank you for your recommendation!

I am sure that all the perks you mentioned will entice guests to Royal Plaza on Scotts. Indeed, comfort and convenience is the key to very business traveller. Not to mention the helpful staff that makes your stay even more hassle free.

Thank you for your compliments and I would love to see you back again soon!