Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #107 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Conveniently located within walking distance of Orchard station in the underground train network. Plenty of restaurants around, serving different kinds of food.
My wife and I found the staff at this hotel to be helpful, courteous and very friendly. The room was superb; very spacious; the balcony afforded us good views of Orchard Road and nearby areas.

The use-for-free mobile device that came with the room proved very handy as my wife and I toured the city of Singapore, especially for making local calls, accessing Google Maps, Googling stuff generally and buying tickets online for sightseeing tours and cruises. Even though I am not, by any measure, an expert in Chinese cuisine, the Tunlok Signatures restaurant on the second floor looked and felt like high-end stuff.
Areas for improvement:
1. The toilet has a glass door; I am not sure I like this.
2. Still on the glass door at the toilet: even if one is ok with being seen by his/her partner while using the toilet, the fixed panel next to the door, which is also made from glass, could potentially be a safety hazard; I kept on "nearly" walking into it, especially as I turned to walk away after standing (as opposed to sitting) at the loo. A tint or tape of some sort to make it more visible should solve the problem.

I would stay at this hotel again, without. hesitation.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 15 October 2017

Dear Duncan M,

Greetings to you from Orchard Parade Hotel and thank you for the comments.
We are delighted to hear that yourself and Mrs. have enjoyed the stay and the services that was extended by our team.

We appreciate the feedback regarding the current design of our bathroom.

Thank you once again and we look forward to having you and your family back in Orchard Parade Hotel, during your next holiday in Singapore.

Orchard Parade Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,424)

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I receive the special birthday deal with free upgrade to club room with facilities with breakfast inclusive and late checkout . As I have experience Good service in previous FE hotel therefore took this attractive opportunity.

I check in on 18/9 which is my birthday and ask will there be breakfast the staff insist nope that I have to pay for it instead I did not argue as think I may have read wrongly as it could be just a free upgrade of rooms. After retrieving my email I correctly read well and show it to the same staff that earlier check me in but he insist that is still a no but I can use the club lounge and have breakfast there instead. The room that I was given is directly above the renovation floor , the sound of knocking vibration impact and drilling is too unbearable that I escape to the club lounge where Nisa the staff there who was very friendly and did help call front desk to arrange a better room. As discuss with her about breakfast she said the front desk agree to arrange for coupons as for late checkout at 3pm she help me called and inform too. I was given another room with lesser noise thanks to Nisa. Bad rest as the drilling stop only at 8pm instead of 6pm.

The drilling started very early the next morning. I went to front reception expecting the coupon but the lady on duty at the counter do a check and inform me no as I need to pay . I did not dispute again although dissapointed decided to go out for breakfast instead . At 12pm while sleeping I was disturbed via phone informing to checkout... Frustrated I checkout by 1pm

Other issue are the super low abt 3ft & loosely fix hand held shower head that I have taken a snapshot which may interest you . It may be meant for child . An above head shower head enable hands free hazard free bath

Is definitely not a special deal after all is just a nightmare feel cheated and badly treated .Worst the feedbacks doesn’t receive any respond at all unlike the other FarEast hospitality chain. Previous respond from other FE chain GM Ms Tan Chia Hui was instantaneous.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Richard T

Dear Richard T,

Greetings to you from Orchard Parade Hotel, Singapore.

Thank you for the time to share the feedback on your last stay with us.
We would like to apologize profusely on the inconveniences that was caused during your stay.

I have personally written on 5th October to the email that has been registered upon your check in. I hope to be able to connect with you personally to explain and to follow up on areas that the Hotel can redeem ourselves.

Thank you once again and we thank you once again for the support toward the Far East Hospitality group of Hotels.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
kriswong@fareast.com.sg

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Good hotel, well located in Singapore. renewing in progress but not completed. Comfortable bed, good services, good breackfirst. beautiful swimming pool with nice rest area. Near for Botanoc gardens, a the beginning of orchard streer with beautifull shops.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 354jacquesd

Dear 354jacquesd

Greetings to you from Orchard Parade Hotel.
Thank you for the comments and we are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the Hotel's facilities and location.

We look forward to having you back with us in your next holiday to Singapore.
Thank you once again.

Orchard Parade Hotel

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Very bad smell from room. Dusty toilet, foul smell (not smoke smell) from shower curtain. Change 3 rooms in 1hr as 1st room very very bad aircon leakage, multi storey carpark view which is 10m away from room window.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear johan264

Greetings to you from Orchard Parade Hotel, Singapore.

Thank you for the feedback and we would like to apologize for the inconveniences caused during the last stay. This is definitely not the level of service that we will want to extend to our guests and we would like to apologise once again.

The Hotel is currently in the process of a refurbishment to enhance the property and we will be delighted to arrange for your next stay in our newly refurbished room.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself if you may be returning to Singapore again.
We look forward to having you back with us and thank you once again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 1 October 2017

The location is close to orchard, which is very nice. But, the rooms smells like poo mixes with cigarettes . The hotel interior is old, they are doing renovation for the hotels, so the receptionist would not ask you if you prefer to stay on smoking or non smoking floow

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear 572marcellinem,

Greetings to you from Orchard Parade Hotel, Singapore.

Thank you for the feedback and we would like to apologized for the inconveniences that was caused during your stay.
The Hotel has both the smoking and non smoking rooms to meet to our guests' preferences, but the arrangement will be based on rooms' availability. We would like to apologize that a smoking room was assigned for your last stay with us.

As part of our continued commitment to our guests, the Hotel is currently in the process of a refurbishment to enhance the property. We look forward to having you back at the Orchard Parade Hotel to enjoy the new facilities.

Thank you once again for the kind understanding.