“Omakase dinner - great value”
Review of Ikyu

Ikyu
Reserve with Chope
Ikyu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #298 of 12,522 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$28 - US$150
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

We had the omakase and was impressed with the amount of quality food that came with the decent price tag. We were so stuffed by the end of it. We ordered fresh oysters in addition to the omakase which were creamy and yummy!

vivi6291, Public Relations Manager at Ikyu, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Hi VivienCPS
Greetings from Team IKYU.
Thank you so much for taking your time to write us a review.
We are glad to be able to serve you & had a enjoyable meal with us.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

My mom brought us to Ikyu for dinner during our stay in Singapore. The place far exceeded my expectation. Food quality is very good. Sashimi is fresh and tasty. We ordered many dishes, and they were all delicious. Among them, I love the Chutoro and Geoduck most. Service by the manager and chef is good too.

1  Thank KiatHong
vivi6291, Public Relations Manager at Ikyu, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi Kiat Hong
Greetings from Team IKYU.
Thank you so much for taking your time to write us a review & feedback.
We are glad to be able to serve you and your family. And had a enjoyable meal with us. We hope to see you soon again :)

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I was here before for a special event and wowed by the food quality. Decided to come to try for a full course and was not disappointed.

To be upfront, it was not cheap $138++ for the omakase set dinner but a lot cheaper compared to elsewhere which might charge 200 bucks or more for this quality.

The sushi and sashimi were fantastic but I especially love the beef. In Japanese, I call this "umai"!! Just yummy, delicious, whatever you want to call it ;-)

I will definitely return for a la carte one day because I remember during the one off event that I came before, something as "simple" as karaage was already so delicious and yummy.

Will be back ;-)

vivi6291, Public Relations Manager at Ikyu, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Hi kevinho1979
Greetings from Team IKYU.
Thank you so much for taking your time to write us a review. We are glad to be able to serve you again.
And had a enjoyable meal with us.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

It was a casual walkout neighborhood when I found IKYU; hidden omakaze in the heart of Tiong Bahru. Adjacently opposite niche forty hands cafe, hidden deco with start of art for their ID. I’m surprised by the welcome with smart casual feeling ahead.

We tried out the Sunday special set dinner with curiosity and it exceeded my expectation from the first course until the last course that I don’t clearly remember the names but the flavors are just awesome with a local tweak. Recommend to those whom are neighboring to this restaurant!

vivi6291, Public Relations Manager at Ikyu, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Hi Paul C
Greetings from Team IKYU. Thank you so much for taking your time to write us a review & feedback.
We are glad to be able to serve you. And had a enjoyable meal with us.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Food is of a high quality and really well done. The restaurant itself is not to big giving cosy feel.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
vivi6291, Public Relations Manager at Ikyu, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Hi Jessica H
Greetings from Team IKYU.
Thank you so much for taking your time to write us a review. We are glad to be able to serve you & have a enjoyable meal with us.