Lowest prices for your stay
US$53
Trip.comUS$49
Booking.comUS$63
PricelineUS$53
1,394 results
All reviews haji lane nicoll highway mrt shared bathroom free breakfast bus stop short stay little india privacy hostels bed cereal roommates snoring luggage laundry cleanliness ventilation
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2019

After trying a pod hostel in Christchurch a week earlier I was apprehensive about this place, but had nothing to worry about. Pod was comfortable and reasonably easy to get into, noise was not to bad, breakfast was very good, staff friendly and helpful and location was great, close to Bugis metro station and raffles plaza area, good value for Singapore which can be an expensive place to stay.

2  Thank oldmikeNewZealand
Reviewed 7 September 2019

Location ✔ Food ✔ cleanliness ✔
Pod is clean and nice.. staff there was really helpful and friendly.. especially Eva.
Thank you for a good customer service.
The wifi sometimes might be a bit slow which i dont know if its my phone or the connection.
The breakfast is nice and deicious.
However i get abit irritated with the housekeeper,i think they having a breaktime but they talked too loud and didnt see if there is guest or not.
Other than that all is good.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Jaywoots
Reviewed 1 September 2019

I was quite uncertain about what to expect from The Pod as I'd never stayed in a capsule hotel before and have horrible experiences of hostel/ shared space accommodation in the UK/ Europe. The Pod put all Western hostels to shame. It operates at such a standard that is far above its two-star status. There should be an entirely different marking scale for accommodation such as this, as I'd glad say it is a 2.5 - 3.5 property. There are some pros and cons to staying here.

The Pros:
Location - Kampong Glam is a lively, colourful neighbourhood close to Chinatown, Bugis Station, Raffles Hotel and a few stops away from Marina Bay on the MRT. There are so many food options, more than I had time to sample.

Staff - Shout out to Robin! I had a late check-in and he knew that it was me arriving from the moment I buzzed into the building. He showed me around even though it was 9pm and helped me with my very heavy suitcase. An absolute star! The staff overall were friendly and hospitable.

The Pods - I stayed in a Pod Suite which I highly recommend. These are not like conventional hotel rooms - they are individual units (with their own electronically locked doors) within a larger room. Above each door is a grate that allows air-con (and sound) into the room. I recommend ear-plugs or noise cancelling headphones to get a good night's sleep. You can request ear-plugs at reception, but I recommend bringing some that are not foam if you're a light sleeper. Rooms are clean and beds comfortable; great to come back to after a day of exploring.

Breakfast - This is included and can vary daily. The spread is quite small, yet varied (I am lactose intolerant, so I appreciate having rice and boiled eggs as an option). There are usually staples that you'll find daily - cereal, boiled eggs, rice (toppings change), toast, a variety of spreads and butter. Variation tends to happen with pastries and some hot foods. Hot water is free only in the morning with breakfast.

Individual bathrooms - Both a pro and con. Pro is due to the great concept and being that they are complete with shower gel and conditioner. When they're clean, these are like a bathroom at home.

Laundry room - I love being able to do my laundry, so having a launderette to keep my things clean is a bonus. And it's free!

The cons:
Air conditioning - My room was faced directly opposite the air-con unit which meant I had freezing cold air blowing into my room. I'm an asthmatic, so that's a big no-no for me. If the units were kept at a temp a little warmer than ice-cold, it would be less of an issue. I understand the units are kept on the dissuade cockroaches and unpleasant smells.

Bathroom - Con element is due to the cleaning schedule needing an additional shift and that some of the showers need attention. Quite often the shower doors didn't close completely, soaking the rest of the room. The shower hoses on some also leaked and sprayed water everywhere – these definitely need replacing. Outside of the parts that management can control, the bathroom experience is dependent on how clean your fellow travellers are.

Breakfast - Seating is limited, so sharing spaces with fellow travellers/ standing may be necessary.

Accessibility - If you are a wheelchair user or have restricted mobility, this is not the hotel for you. The Pod is part of a much larger building complex where people live/ work(?) From the ground to third floor (The Pod occupies floors three to five) there are stairs, so if you have a heavy suitcase or cannot climb stairs, this may be an inconvenience.

Outside of some of the cons, I found this The Pod to be more than comfortable. So much so, that I've booked two rooms for a stay later this year. I'm hoping some of these changes have already taken affect and that it's just as good an experience or better!

Room tip: Pick a pod suite for privacy
Date of stay: October 2018
3  Thank LaTravellingAmbivert
Reviewed 30 August 2019

It was a terrible night for the first night stay because the guest beside my pod snores very loud and i couldnt sleepwell. So i requested to the front office that i need to change my room and the told me they was running high occupancy but front officer Eva manage to free upgrade me to a better room category! Im so happy and thanks to her.
But the rest of the stay was good! The food for breakfast is good as well and but the wifi is a bit slow here.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank NuhNahyan
Reviewed 29 August 2019

I had a nice encounter with Travis the front desk staff who provided me a room that would suite my stay for the night. It was nice, quite, comfortable room, with a lower bunk which I requested for easy get-in. Overall, it was s nice stay at The Pod

Trip type: Travelled on business