Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I have stayed here many times now on my visits to Singapore and has been the best place i can suggest to you all.
The service you receive here is even better than Marina Bay Sands Hotel as i have experienced this trip.
There is free Wifi with strong signal throught the hotel and basic bath room facilities if you just dropped in.
The TV is basic with limited channels as it is not cable.
This hotel is 10 mins away from the MTR and then 10 mins to centre. you can take a taxi to town for about $5 or MTR for about $2.
Food at this place is everywhere.. loads of lovely food and 24 hours a day.
7/11 and money change points here too.

If you worry about problems at night i can tell you there is no problems. what ever the time it is safe.

Room tip: anything about 4th floor is good.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank LikeToTravel9999
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days, when we arrived @ Singapore, we were unable to find two bed hotel in nearby area. it was weekend and they charge S$ 90 per day for Saturday & Sunday night and for Monday they charge S$ 75.For WiFi they charged $10 extra per day. the room was tinny, TV was small and around a decade old,no curtain in bathroom, every time take shower floor got wet. no fridge in room. staff was non cooperative, internet speed was very very slow. outside there was a lot of prostitute. every time go out side they tried to call you.
if consider the plus point, price wise it was OK. same category hotels were expensive.a lot of food shop out side opened 24 hours,good food on less price, MRT walking distance is 10 minutes.last year i stayed @little India and paid S$ 70 for single bedroom. here got double bed room of same quality on same price Pls. avoid to stay in little India on Sunday evening as there are thousand workers from India & Bangladesh on road, will make harder even walk on road.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2012

On our third trip to SG, we booked in this hotel as Hotel 81 Orchid was fully booked already. Surprisingly, the rooms here are bigger and cleaner though the smell of cigarette smoke is still noticeable. The wifi in the room is not functioning well so we ended up with no wifi the 2 nights we stayed there. Room is basic but not an issue to us since we are out of the hotel whole day.

First time, we walked along Lorong 12, but I advise you not to, since there are lots of hookers, so me and hubby walked Lorong 14.

As we are only in the hotel at night, it's ok if you are on a tight budget

Room tip: Rooms at the 5th floor are quieter, I'd assume.
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 5 days and found it to be very basic but good value for money.
Wireless internet access was free but frustratingly slow.
Aljuniet MRT is 15 minutes walk away. However, most of the buses that stop just outside the MRT station run along Geylang Road.
To avoid a hot walk just take a bus and get out two stops later, press the stop button as soon as the bus turns right into Geylang Road.
From that bus stop there it is only a short three minutes stroll to the hotel.
81 Princess is situated in a part of Singapore that has not yet been spoilt by rampant development, it made me feel like I was in Asia which was nice!
All in all a good budget hotel and I would stay there again.
I had no problems with what some people claim to be "plastic covering", my bed was comfortable.
I also prefer to have no shower curtins to mouldy once as it happens so often in the tropics.
All in all a good budget hotel and I would stay there again.

Room tip: I stayed in room no. 710 and it was nice and quiet.
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Not the most pleasant hotel but for the price, but it meets expectations. Plastic coverings on bed, no shower curtain, small room. Cleanliness questionable but tolerable. Not too far from metro.

Date of stay: May 2011