Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
RM 733
chocolate waffle monkey
Singapore

cool modern shophouse hotel

Review of Hotel Mono
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Apr 2021
i really liked the hotel, but then i like quirky things. as long as you are prepared for noises (it's a converted shophouse structure with a busy road right below for god's sakes) you'll be fine. room was immaculately clean, design is black & white simply classy, good view of the comings & goings on the street below (with accompanying people & vehicle sounds). the neighboring room had a bunch of rowdy kids but that's just down to bad luck, i suppose. was a little confusing getting to & leaving the room as you traverse the buildings so got to remember the route & recognize the right doors! was a little disturbed that the hotel hosts covid quarantine guests so would had been nice to find out about that before booking.
Date of stay: April 2021
    RM 338
    RM 468
3.0 km from Hotel Mono
View more hotels in Singapore
All reviews chinatown mrt chinatown point bathroom toilet hot shower hawker pros cons eateries
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 April 2021 via mobile

I have prepared myself after reading some of the reviews here and I’m totally agreed with them.

Because it is a boutique hotel converted from an old shophouses, so the sound barrier wasn’t good enough. You could hear people walking pass your door outside, people closing their door and people speaking near your room.

I got my small room that situated in the middle of the hotel, which has a window but not looking outside. Those who familiar with old houses would know that’s a airy space in the centre of every old houses. So you could hear the raindrop when it get heavy.

Other than the noise, I could say it is still a comfortable stay and the staffs were very friendly here.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2021 via mobile

This was an impromptu 1 night stay and I chose this property as it was having a generous offer for their rooms. I booked their standard room and I am pleased to say that it was clean and was well maintained. Check in was smooth and fast. Loved the simplicity of the rooms. Just take note that their rooms are small but cosy. Highly recommend this hotel as it is wallet friendly.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank maninkhaki
Reviewed 26 January 2021 via mobile

I had a wonderful stay for 1 day. A beautiful and wonderful stay. The room is small but very comfortable for 1 person. I just love the theme of the room and hotel. White and black and simple. Reminds me of MUJI. I also met spencer who remembered my birthday. Bought me a gift and even show me the various rooms they have.I am impressed with the svc. He went beyond his duty. You will certainly enjoy your stay here. Too bad I only stay for a night. Will certainly come back. Thx HOTEL MONO. Thx Spencer

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2020 via mobile

Paid $124 SGD through Agoda website for room only. Minimalist room with queen size bed & small but modern bathroom with rain shower. View down over street. Very noisy: traffic, people talking downstairs on the street, neighbour noise from slamming doors. 2 500ml bottles of water provided. Free wifi but didn’t use. Small TV. Good location in centre of Chinatown.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
12  Thank KGB777
Reviewed 12 December 2020

Great hotel. Great look and location. Friendly staff. Would be a great option for international travellers once travel is back on, but a great place for a stay cay. All of Chinatown at your doorstep. Thanks

Date of stay: December 2020