Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews chinatown mrt chinatown point bathroom toilet hot shower hawker pros cons eateries
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2022 via mobile

Stayed four nights with my 12 y.o daughter in a Studio Room.

Pros:
-location
-great bed and linen
- 24/7 reception (we landed late, arrived 1am

Cons
- whilst I understand the use of a hero shot for the website, our room was not 30% of it. Seriously smaller, cannot call that a window
- re-grouting please!! Very basic thing to do guys!!

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank rkiper
Reviewed 15 May 2022 via mobile

Been wanting to try here and finally did.
Good location. Very close to Chinatown Point and walking distance to others.

Very quaint entrance. Love the staircase. The lift is old school which i liked. Staff at reception was very friendly.

Got a Double Deluxe room.
SMALL! Probably justifies the fact that a picture is but a picture.
You have about 1-metre distance around the bed to move about.
The bathroom/toilet is rather dark. You cannot open the window because you are exposing yourselves to the building across the street. Probably may not be the case if your room face elsewhere.

The blinds in the room had to be drawn down for the same reason. Which made it a bit dingy cos no window. You can close the window pane (its double layered).

At night, you can't really have a good sleep because of the sounds from the eateries along the road. The sounds were very clear. You can really join in their conversation. It was as if you were with them.

The TV channes super limited. Wifi was rather odd on laptops.

Manual adjustable aircon was good.
Hot shower was awesome.
I might wanna try their bigger rooms next time.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank addietrucon
Reviewed 6 February 2022 via mobile

Came here for 2d1n staycation. Hubby book the moat biggest room, smth like a loft. Check in was damn slow? Had to wait for quite a while for check in.

Room is great, big and very spacious. Toilet is great.

However, i think the couch is somehow dusty as my husband got hives the entire body JUST BY SEATING THERE. This was a the bottom level of the loft. We had to wipe using wet wipes, wipe douwn the couch and also get my husband to shower, to cool down the hives.

Will i come back again? Definately nope. Not an amazing experience i wanna experience ever again!

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank whotah
Reviewed 12 October 2021 via mobile

I read reviews about the poor sound insulation, so I rang up the staff in advance to ask if I could get a room where it is further away from the lift/stairs so that I won't be distracted by noise because I am a light sleeper. They accommodated so fast and Spencer at the reception was such a wonderful person to chat with! He was super friendly and inviting, and totally raised the morale.

I booked a Deluxe Double and although it was a small room, I really liked the interior. The bathroom was beautiful. Bed was hard and slightly springy (perfect, I dislike soft beds). TV was alright but it isn't a smart TV, but it's cool. There are bedside tables and charger ports. Room also had a card in it other than the card we got, so it was convenient if my partner had to leave to get something and I can just stay in the room to do my work.

Some visible wear and tear can be seen in the room though, like walls or window panes having cracked paint or losing colour, or the black floor having scratches and marks that were not painted over. It does not really bother me though, as long as it is clean.

However some downsides:
- Found 2 baby brown-banded cockroaches. Killed both.
- The floor under the bed is pretty dusty.
- The mugs and metal spoons were not cleaned. I saw coffee ground stains and had to rewash them thoroughly using hand soap.
- Mini-fridge was not very cold and it was not clean.
- Toilet bowl was not scrubbed clean (bowl had stains).
- Plastic cups provided in the bathroom for brushing were not clean either.
- The soap dispenser bottles have some stains.
- I suppose this comes with being a shophouse-hotel, sound insulation is still not that good because around 2am, I can still hear noise from the outside.
- The water in the shower will turn colder the longer you stay in the shower.

Date of stay: October 2021
3  Thank rustically
Reviewed 8 August 2021

Thank you Spencer and Team for making our style a pleasant one. We truly appreciate your hospitality and for making us feel welcomed.

Spencer was really friendly and the conversations we had with him was lax, casual and as if talking to a good friend. He made the experience a whole lot more enjoyable by recommending what to eat around there and of course with his jokes along the way to brighten the conversation.

The room was cleaned and well maintained, with a unique touch of a monochromatic theme to really stand out from your usual hotel room. although the TV does not have a HDMI input for our movie night, we ended watching channels such as HBO, Fox Movies and Chinese classics.

Price was also very reasonable given the location; we were surrounded by a food haven and a few minutes walk from Chinatown Point / Chinatown Complex.

Overall, it was a wonderful stay this National Day weekend! Thank you team once again .

Date of stay: August 2021