“THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL I HAD EVER SEEN”
Review of Aspinals Hotel

Aspinals Hotel
Ranked #298 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL I HAD EVER SEEN”
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Rude Staff.Dirty Lift,toilet. thorn towel.insert bite mattress.flat pillow.Super dirty re-fridge.dirty cabinet .smelly room and air-con. TV only 3 channels & not not clear. dirty floor mat. very very noisy...conclusion is-----SUPER DIRTY HOTEL. NOT WORTH FOR SGD80++.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank meikhoon82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Indonesian first

small & dirty room
worst breakfast

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank boompee

Travellers are raving about these Singapore hotels

kuala lumpur
Reviewed 15 December 2010

Room was small, too small for comfort.. bathroom was small too, water spills out from bathroom because the shower was too near the door.. causing the floor outside to be 'flooded'..
The reception people were not too friendly, no smiles on their faces and carry that "you want you take it attitude"..
The code on the door card changes everyday, so before going up to your room go to the reception counter for a new code.. didnt know about this and for 2 days i had to go up and find out that my card could not open my door then go down again to get a new code.. what a hassle..
The housekeeping people only made up the bed.. and do not tidy much of the room.. towels were bad.. there was one towel which had a hole on it, with a diameter of about 6cm..
Don't be shocked by the rude housekeeping call outside your room door, every morning about 11am.. one man will come round shouting outside your door, either telling you about housekeeping or askiing you to check out.. not professional at all..
Parking space is difficult to find even late at night, due to the Mustaffa Shopping Centre which opens 24 hours a day..
Will never go back to this hotel again and will not recommend it to anyone..

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank butterfly1818
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2010

Was booked into Aspinals by Agoda as original choice was not available. Arrived after a 12 hour trip from Istanbul via Malaysia. On arrival the staff member provided us a double room as opposed to the triple room even though that was what I paid for. Their reasoning was that I had identified only two adults - I had two adults and one 12 yr old and my husband was only staying the day we needed three beds. Did not argue as very very exhausted on entering the room the it was small pokey, there was dust and dirt in the corners of the room. The rooms did not look like they had been properly vacuumed in 6 months. The window did not open to allow fresh air as it a hotel that allows smoking. Even the reception area was very very smelly. We stayed one night only as we could not get a reimbursement for the night. When I complained about the smell, it was ignored. The included breakfast was in a downstairs room called the basement. The breakfast on offer was what looked like to be chicken nuggets cereal and toast. the breakfast area also smelt bad. After this overnight stay stay in the morning, I quickly packed and my son was violently ill. Vomiting all over the place. On leaving I told the reception staff that their hotel was the worst I had ever stayed in and I work in remote Northern Territory Aboriginal communities and have seen very rough accommodation. It was criminal that the Singaporean Government allows such substandard hotel to exist. Further to this, the it is widely accepted by the taxi drivers that most foreigners stay one night and find another hotel in the following day.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Ludmillatravellers
Mumbai
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I had actually booked myself for Ambassador Hotel-which is part of the same Hotel group..........when I reached there I was told that I did nt have a booking......Wow !

The lady at the help desk (of Ambassador) made a couple of calls and finally informed me that my booking was for Aspinale....which was 2 minutes walk.....I was quite shocked.

Nevertheless,we left our bags at the lobby (inside a store room) and proceeded for breakfast ...as it was around 9 AM, as we had landed at around 7.30 AM.

Around 9.30, we proceeded to Asipnals and requested for an early check-in....to our surprise we got the room at 10 AM, which wasactually very kind of them !!!

we entered into a small cramped room,just enough to fit us in, and few bags on top of each other........we had taken a triple sharing room...........I had paid almost USD 90 per night with breakfast which I felt was alot ,....but being Singapore Independence on the 9th August we had to pay a surcharge.......though the hotel did not seem full at all.like most other hotels in Singapore where u need to pay an exhibition surcharge, wherea the hotels dont ever seem full !!!

wecould not switch on the TV set at all, after trying like a dozen times and finally gave up on it.

The air conditioning was good........the beds were ok

The breakfast was very very limited........
there was jam bread,, juice, bled egg and some new Indian dish every morning (we stayed 3 nights there) There was also only 1 type of juice all days.....not very exciting !!!

The location wasthe only saving grace, as I could see Mustafa shopping from my window and the Farrer Park MRT Station was only around 4-5 minutes walk.

the bathroom seemed clean but cramped but had running hot water always ( I dont use cold water even in summers--habit !!!)

So I can saw that only location is the good part, but also we wer kind enough to get an early check- in and the a/c was good-got real sound sleep after a long long day...... so I wont complain too much................but I yet do believe that We paid alot more than what its actually worth (try getting this on a non-event day it would be less....ok-ok for real budget travellers.,,,,,,,so I would still recommend this, as we were often greeted with smiles of staff who themselves seemed to be knowing that things may not be better there .....and sorry for chosing to stay with us.....try and enjoy !!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family