“Excellent service”

Reserve a table
Ranked #19 of 13,624 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$30 - US$135
Neighbourhood: Marina Centre
Description: Located on level three of The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, the name Colony alludes to the seafarious voyage that the British took to travel to the East Indies for trade and commerce in the late eighteenth century. Vintage maps and postcards which adorn the walls and decorative ornate leafing evoke the nostalgia of a bygone era, while eight different open concept kitchens, coupled with 'live' culinary showmanship, will bring diners on a multi-sensory journey through Singapore's heritage cuisines including Malaysian, Indonesian, Indian, Chinese and Western, with dishes that reflect the flavours of the nation's rich colonial past. Colony can seat a maximum of 260 persons and boasts a dynamic space that can be configured to accommodate groups of various sizes. The restaurant will offer breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner daily, and vintage Champagne brunch on Sundays.
Reviewed 8 April 2021

We came in a small group and had thrown in many requests (we had a pregnant lady ) . Connie and the rest of the staff were quick and attentive with witty answers. Gave us a lovely evening. The seafood and nonya desserts were a hit with the group.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (2,365)

Reviewed 7 April 2021

Highly recommended and food is fantastic .
Service is excellent and will be back again
Best service award waiter : jega

Reviewed 4 April 2021 via mobile

Its my third time to the restaurant for the seafood dinner and while there is still a decent variety of food, the standard of the food seem to have dropped. The seafood such as the crab and lobster is less fresh with the meat sticking to the shell. The standard of the laksa have also dropped. The beef rib however is good and tender.

The ordering system might be a little flawed as there are mixed up in orders as well as times when our orders are missed out probably due to the restaurant being rather busy. It might be better to have a list of items ordered for each table printed out and checked off after it arrives to prevent confusion of the orders. There was a period of time for which we have waited a long time for our food and have to constantly reach out to the staff to remind them on the missing orders

The service however remains excellent as the staff tried to serve us once we alert them to the missing orders. The ambience of the restaurants is still nice as well.

Overall, the meal did not feel satisfying for the amount we have paid for.

Reviewed 3 April 2021 via mobile

Danny has been a very friendly and helpful in his service. Thanks to his recommendation, we were able to experience various unique dishes. Looking forward to the next visit again!

Reviewed 1 April 2021

Colony once has been my No1 buffet in Singapore. After CB now change to ala carte serving. I don't think it is a problem if u do all carte buffet serving. But the experience is really not great. Yes ,I need to order from your good service staff that is very friendly. But all the order I made throughout that night is either missing item or extra item. It is bad experience, colony. And ur ala carte portion is too big for 2 ppl to share even I just order one. Can't your chef adjust the portion that suitable for the buffet concept so that I can taste most of the itemS in your menu? Besides, if colony unable to get fresh seafood due to lockdown situation then don't serve seafood that is not fresh. Your king crab is crap. It taste nothing n I feel like it is just a piece of rubber. You can remove it from your menu if you know it is not fresh. I am sad tell tell you this , before covid situation I use to choose colony to celebrate for the past few years. After circuit breaker and you change to this alacarte buffet I went 2 times. And it never improve. I don't think will come back to colony in short term unless something is changed.