“Very nice meal and lovely setting”
Review of Jewel of India

Jewel of India
Ranked #6 of 4,828 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Transport each one to north India with great energies, customs , culture , Music , Bollywood dances to enjoy authentic Indian cusine keeping Indian traditions in mind. A dignified, cultured and mystical place to enjoy with business groups to families to friends to the most loving person for a perfect romantic place where one can drink quietly in Kamasutra room to a private room for 8 heads to a open kitchen to a dance room to a room of god to room of Krishna for babies. A true Indian home where respect, service, humane values are the top priority for each cliente visiting mi casa. Namaste.
Reviewed 2 January 2017

This was an excellent restaurant in every respect. The hospitality is amazing, with Mr Rakesh speaking perfect English and going out of his way to offer a friendly and welcoming environment. The restaurant itself was clean and with very tasteful and pleasant lighting and table clothes etc. And the food...was extremely good. We are both vegetarians and we were served an amazing variety of vegetarian dishes all of which were really tasty and filling. The portions are generous and we are only sorry that we could not finish our meals due to being too full! We would not hesitate to visit this restaurant again if we returned to Santiago. Thank you :-)

1  Thank ziph_1975
Rakesh A, Propietario at Jewel of India, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Seasons Greetings and a great 17 for you and all.
Thanks for wonderful comments and you touched my soul n heart.
You have a second home in Santiago.
Wherever you both are my blessings respect and love for you both.
The very best 2017 once again n a big Hug

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Food was nice, dishes large size, very nice setting, friendly staff, well located. I will definitly will come back. If you like Indian food, its recommendable!

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Having been travelling on our honeymoon for over a month we craved a few home comforts when we got to Santiago. Coming from London we are fairly used to getting good curries and this place really took our fancy.

Mr. Rakesh met us at the entrance and welcomed us warmly, told us of his Henley upbringing then led us to a table. We were provided with a blessing and a bindi each then given some lovely food. It was very good quality and well prepared something we had been craving. And just as we were about to leave fairly full of food Mr. Rakesh kindly gave us a desert on him for our honeymoon. He has been the only person to make any sort of gesture.

Feel free to read the negative reviews but he and his restaurant was a delight and a lovely home comfort for us.

Rakesh A, Propietario at Jewel of India, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Thanks indeed for your wonderful comments and I do appreciate you both.
Indian hospitality and Indian culture goes hand in hand.
Each visitor is most important at my premises and we treat all with love and respect.
Hope you had a great stay in this beautiful country full of nature.
Thanks once again to you both.Namate

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

Amazing food in a gorgeous restaurant with a lovely ambiance. Rakesh proved to be an amazing host, making me and my friend feel in absolute ease. Then, when the food came, we were absorbed by the spice paradise we were in. Absolutely recomendable.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

I love this restaurant so much! I already went many times there and every time I am at this place, I feel like being in another world. But not only the ambiance is fantastic, also the food is incredible good and will always be served on lovely decorated dishes. I can really recommend this indian restaurant!