“Incredibly slow service”

Cuisines: International, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

Stopped in for afternoon drinks and a snack with my wife, they didn't have the two beers on the menu that we ordered. Ordered an appetizer to share; this took probably 40 minutes to arrive after we ordered it. It was another 30 minutes from asking for the bill before our waitress brought it over. We weren't even in a rush, but the waitress paid zero attention to us and only checked in after I waved over another waiter who happened to walk by.

1  Thank Pete F
Pilar E, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Dublin Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2015

Dear Pete,

Thanks for sharing your concerns with the TripAdvisor community. We agree that issue was an unfortunate event, and it has been taken care of immediately. We hope to have the chance to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 November 2015

We were planning to stay a few hours to watch a game and have a few beers. We were told we had to buy food for the, to serve beers/alcohol. Hence we ordered a dessert. Another group came in and they got served beers straight away without ordering food. Service was random, not very attentative and impersonal even though the place was basically empty on a sunny afternoon. Assume if they are struggling to get customers they'd be a bit more attentative to the customers that do actually come there.

1  Thank Jeppe C
Pilar E, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Dublin Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Dear guest:

Thank you for your comment here at the TripAdvisor community. the advice and criticism you have given us will sure be taken into account, and informed to the highest authorities here at our restaurant.

Rest assure we will deal with any and all matters needed, and the quality of our service and food will continue to improve.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2015

Went to watch the Sweden vs Denmark match. Black board specifically advertised the game to get people in. It was 16.45 and we arrived and asked to watch the game which they seemed shocked by but ok we got to sit outside with clear view of screen. Planned to stay and drink a few beers and told our friends to meet us there also.
Ordered to beers, to which they replied we cannot drink without food. Not hungry!
They basically forced us to by something so we order a lemon desert....took about 15 minutes to arrive and when it did, it wasnt what we ordered and disgusting. But ok....who cares, we didnt want anything anyway.
Oh and during all of this....couple behind...lovely Chilean couple, funnily enough enjoyed two beers without having to buy any food!! WHAAAAAT????

ENGLISH SPEAKERS BEWARE!!! THEY WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE!!

Please tell me an Irish person doesn't actually own this!?? NEVER AGAIN.

Hello;

Reviewed 25 October 2015

We turned up to this establishment to watch the RWC Semi Final, settling in to a table right by the screen. We planned to drink quite a few beers and have lunch. We were ignored by staff who were going about their set-up (fair enough) until the match started, when a waiter came to take our order - right when the haka was on. We asked him to come back in 5 minutes, when we ordered some beers. He told us we couldn't have beers unless we either ordered food, or we moved to seats along the bar - where we couldn't see the screen. Seeing as it was only just 12 and we planned to stay for 2 hours, and we weren't hungry yet, we asked if we could order the food but not have it until 1 hour later. The waiter said no. We needed to order food now. So we said, ok fine, no food, but just beers. Oh, but we can't have beers unless we order food!

Take note that this exchange was in garbled Spanglish - possibly our fault for coming to an IRISH bar and expecting to speak English!!!

Becoming increasingly frustrated (we were missing the first 10 minutes of the game!) we said, fine, just cokes then. At this point we were told - no, you can't have cokes and sit here. Luckily the table behind us spoke Spanish and defended us - saying they had only ordered mineral water! With our hands thrown up in absolute frustration we were like "just bring us two cokes and let us watch the game"!! The next minute we had a very bolshy and rude Chilean woman yelling at us, to which we kept saying "No habla Espanol" which didn't seem to mean a thing. Two other staff members came over and tried to get us to order, we kept saying "two cokes". Finally the SECURITY GUARDS were called on us (WHAT THE HELL?) and we said to her "dos agua con gas por favor?" as our cokes hadn't come, and every staff member seemed to be getting in a tizz about us not ordering food!

We ended up drinking two sparkling waters and watching the game. Meanwhile a guy next to us stuck up for us (in Spanish) and the security guards were called on him, and he was kicked out. For what? Sitting quietly and enjoying a beer, and defending some poor tourists who don't speak Spanish and don't understand why they can't have a drink in a PUB???

Absolutely disgusting behaviour, the people that work here should be embarrassed. Do not go here, the food is over priced, the meals that came out looked small, and the service is the worst I have seen. We would have spent a fair amount on beers and lunch had we actually been treated like paying customers, but with such shoddy service we loathed even paying the 4000 pesos for our waters (again, overpriced).

BE WARNED and DON'T BOTHER. I feel sorry for all Irish people who have terrible bars like this flouting their name around the world. Disgusting.

1  Thank leahevans
Pilar E, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Dublin Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

Dear guest;

Thanks for sharing your concerns with the TripAdvisor community. We agree that the issue was an unfortunate event, and it has been taken care of immediately. We hope to have the chance to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

A definitely not recommended pub. Nothing similar to an Irish pub except for the decoration. In fact waiter told me that it is a restaurant and you MUST have lunch or dinner, even if it is too soon.
I went to see rugby match and have lunch, but I was not allowed. In fact, I was expelled.
Everything began when waiters tried to force to an English speaking couple to order something to eat at 12am or to ask for a minimum cost in drinks. After several attempts all in Spanish, I explained the situation to the couple that was not understanding. As the manager didn't understood me, and saw me smiling about one comment from the men, she told me bad mannered that this was not my business, and I shouldn't speak with the other customers. Problem is that now where is said that tables are only for lunch, or there is a minimum ticket price.
Later they used the same tactics with other foreigners. After they have ordered drinks, one waiter tried to force them to order lunch, and as he saw me smiling, he told me to stop smiling and he called security.
Then began the serious moment. Both waiters in charge made up I had insulted all the staff. Other customers confirmed security lady that No bad word had gone out of my mouth. And then waiters get really angry and told security to pay for my unfinished drink and force me out of the pub. I paid the bill and asked for complaints book. First they told me that it didn't exist and later the gave me a fake book. After insisting I had an unofficial complaints book I hope management can read.
Two advices for management: I cannot understand an Irish pub in one of the most touristic areas in the city and with that prices in the menu where nobody speaks English, and even more they get angry because they don't understand.
Second, I cannot understand staff forcing people out of the pub if they are not eating (at noon) , when only 8 customers where inside with same quantity of workers. You should check productivity...

Dear guest;