See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Average hotel.Quite well positioned near the university sector so close to restaurants and bars.
Pleasant park to sit in right opposite the hotel. Breakfast was average but in a small and cramped dingy room.I wouldnt walk around this area too late at night as I witnessed drug abuse and girls of the night hanging around just outside the front doors albeit very early morning about 3am as I was up for an early flight.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BristolUKMalc
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Comfortable enough rooms and great location but some things like air conditioning and plumbing require attention. I got the impression staff are tired of apologizing. BreaKfast was ok but our 'snack' breakfast for an early start was poor.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Hertle1311
Reviewed 20 October 2010

I stayed there last week for vacation and I had a good (?) time there. In fact, I've seen other better hotels, with bigger bedrooms and in better conditions - for the same price... but still you can sleep there without many worries (I said MANY, ok?). The bedroom was ok, with a confortble bed (it didn't seemed very clean but, oh well, ok to sleep). The bathroom was ok but the towels really smelled weird (but they were clean... i think) The breakfast was included in the stay and was average (I had to dispute with other tourists to see who will get the last spoon of mixed eggs). The view from my bedroom window wasn't that great... the roof of another house. At least they had a very polite staff and offered free wifi internet. What really bothered me there is that they offer free parking space when you read on their website but actually you have to park on the street and they have only 5 places available. If you lose the place, well, park in the paying zone of the street.
Well, after all my speech, it's still a good place to stay... believe me, I've seen worse. And, in Santiago, you'll be visiting museums, parks, the alps and maybe go on a trip to Valparaiso and Viña del Mar... you'll stay out of the hotel the entire day and will come back there only to sleep!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2010

I have been visiting Santiago over a period of more than 25 years and have stayed in a total of at least six hotels. Of these, my favourite used to be the Galerias - until both management and staff changed!

For the last three visits I have been staying at the Principado de Asturias, almost solely because of its excellent location and decent restaurant. Otherwise I would agree with most other reviewers that it is an over-priced dump although my experience wasn't as bad as some and at least I wasn't robbed!

The rooms are depressing and could be cleaner; room service is erratic; the bar is a circulation area between two entrances and quite nasty; worst of all, the front house staff don't even seem to know (or care!) what services are available in their own establishment.

After three stays too many I am going elsewhere on my upcoming visit to Santiago!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Oddysseus
Reviewed 29 December 2009

well, it is not a bad hotel, but it is not a 4 star as they say. At the first day I was advised to use the safe in the room and in the next day during the breakfast the safe was oppened and it was missing 100 dollar that was inside. I call the police to register the occurence and after it they said I woud be expelled from the hotel for causing "problems", it just not ocuried because I said that they would have bigger problems if they do it.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business