“Delicious food. ”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Tasty Chilean Food
Description: Tasty Chilean Food
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was on Santiago's restaurant row and even though it's surrounded by many others don't miss this one. They served great Chilean food which was beautifully presented on stone platters boards and plates. The waiter was friendly and charming. We went to dinner the American way at 7:00 and our waiter informed us that it would begin to get very busy at 10pm or so. So we enjoyed having the restaurant almost to ourselves with great music playing and delicious food on our plates.

2  Thank AnnieT652

Reviewed 20 April 2017

We came upon this restaurant for a late lunch on a holiday weekend. We had 3 hungry teenagers and 4 adults. We very much enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant and the nice menu of Chilean food with a twist of bohemian / nuveau cousine. My 11 year old daughter asked to order the empanada appetizer, but wanted only meat empanadas and no sea food. She was told that no, she had to take the 2 meat empanadas and 2 sea food empanadas. That "the kitchen" did not allow changes. So we were forced to order 2 orders of empanadas so she could get the 4 meat empanadas she desired and were left with 4 octopus empanadas that we were not sure if we would like. We ate two and they were very good. Similarly, I was told that there were two white wines offered and since I am very familiar with the Montes Alpha vineyard, I asked if I could taste the wine from the other vineyard they offered (Missiones de Rengo). Again, the waiter told me no. No tastings were allowed by the bar tender. Having waited for 1 hour for our food to be prepared, and received no service (we each ordered a fresh fruit drink when we sat down and would have gladly ordered more if our waiter had come by - he told us that it was our fault because he told us to "call him if we needed anything"), I went up to the bar tender and told him what the waiter had said to me. He told me that indeed, they did not allow any wine tasting, because "no restaurant in Chile give a taste of wine". I challenged the statement and the bar man told me that "if I asked nicely, he would give me a taste of the wine" , I told him that i did ask nicely and that my request was denied by the waiter. I did end up getting my taste and chose the Missiones del Rango Sauvignon Blanc that was a perfect accompaniment for my Chilean Conger,
When the bill came, my husband noticed that the prices given in the English Menu were different than the prices in the Spanish menu. He brought this up to their attention and again was given a not so nice explanation that the prices in the Spanish menu ruled. I felt that I was back to living under Pinochet's dictatorship when Chileans were treated as if they were unknowledgable and inexperienced and had to submit to rules that did not make any sense.

Too bad. The food was good, but it is not worth getting bullied by the staff. Better choose a nice restaurant with wait staff that does not have an attitude.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Here with a group of friends, we had wonderful time. The location is cool, all white and light grey, very nice mise en place, cool atmosphere. The staff is simply excellent: nice guys, good with explanations (and patience with groups ;) ), always smiling and caring. The food is excellent: big portions, tasty and juicy, local beer is awesome as well. The cheviche (in picture) is de-li-ci-ous.
Super recommended in Santiago, both for a group of friends or romantic dinner.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

We went because of the good reviews. Overpriced. Steak was salty and paper thin. No refill on the little bread basket or dip. The waiters were nice and spoke English but not enough reason to recommend this place.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed my meal at Laminga. I had mixed empanadas as an appetizer and salmon with various spices as a main course. Service was efficient and friendly . I would certainly consider going back. I was a bit surprised that a restaurant that served such good food could be almost totally empty. It would be a loss if it didn't last.