1,928 results
All reviews metro station same building vina del mar plaza sotomayor great breakfast buffet clean hotel basic amenities front desk staff walking distance a short taxi ride wifi worked well excellent location short stay modern design chilli port area water pressure
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel is NOT linked to the international booking system, and despite promoting online check in, and indeed having a special on line check in desk it has no such system. When I arrived I had to check through my past credit card statements because although my printed confirmation showed they had taken the payment (less the sales tax) in fact they had not. They have an online check in counter which is complexity non functional and unbelievably have posters up promoting the online facility. When I arrived, having received a text message from the Hotel telling me my keys were ready it was a complete lie. There is NO online check-in and in fact I had to wait 45 minutes after the official check in time to access my room. Even then, nobody advised that the room was now available. I had to go to the room myself to see if it was ready. The staff could not care less. What is more because they did not take the online deposit the actual rate was around 40 USD more than the rate I booked. I had requested a sea view but actually got a room overlooking the very busy highway. The road noise is significant - bring ear plugs if you really do want to stay here. Having already felt that booking in advance and checking in online was a waste of time when paying in cash (US Dollars) I had to suffer the ignominy of the check in agent checking every note as if I was trying to commit Fraud, - and rejecting two for having minute tears - although later accepting two different notes with the same damage. The staff attitude here is terrible - you are treated from the outset like you are a criminal. Don’t book here - there are plenty of independent hotels with friendly service in Valpo. When I eventually got my room it was noisy, both from neighbours and from previously mentioned road noise. The thumping noise from a nearby bar / Club kept me awake until midnight. Although seemingly recently decorated the rooms are as bland as can be imagined. The toiletries offered are the smallest I have ever seen and the towels are more like hand towels than bath towels. The breakfast area is woefully small and inadequate. I would give no stars to this hotel if that was possible on Trip Advisor.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank stephenhZ9044VS
Reviewed 26 December 2017

Loved this hotel. It is near the coast, half a block from a metro station and connected through trolleybus and bus to everything interesting. We had one room with a beautiful view of the harbour and metro and one with ugly buildings only. We were on the fifth floor and it was very quiet, even though the hotel is on a busy avenue. The buffet breakfast is not great, but it is a good price as compared to restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for room with coast and metro view.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2017

The Ibis Hotel has a great waterfront directly above the metro station puerto where you can find a supermarket. We had a corner room with a great view. You can reach a lot of point of interests by foot. If stay for new year you can watch the amazing firework from the rooftop. Rooms were spacious, modern and clean. Only the breakfast buffet was mediocre, but it is much nicer anyway to go to the small cafés in one of the "cerros" around.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel was a good value for money at the center of Valparaiso. It has all basic amenities in a city where most hotels are “boutiques” or classic “antiques” hotels.. Ibis Valparaiso have a modern design, good size rooms with all basic amenities with a plus of public transport just next to it...(metro). You can go anywhere from there... I recommend it..

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We spent 5 days at Ibis Valparaiso while visiting the city. We absolutely loved the close proximity to the Harbour and the Valparaiso Waterfront. We had a fantastic view of the harbour from our 7th floor window. The harbour can get a little noisy but we didn’t hear any street noise and the hotel window curtains blocked out the night lights. We paid $60.00 US for our breakfast for 5 days, however, the breakfast was very disappointing. We would definitely not recommend paying for the Ibis Valparaiso buffet breakfast. The coffee is really awful. The hot milk for the coffee was sour and curdled. The scrambled eggs are barely cooked and quite often cold. There a a horrible selection of buns or bread, but no toaster. The fruit salad is dreadful. We asked if we could have a boiled egg but never got one. We probably should have asked for our breakfast money back after our first horrible meal and looked for somewhere else to eat our breakfast. Our room, however, was great. Lots of space and very clean. We got an extra towel from the housekeeping staff and everyone except the kitchen staff were very pleasant and helpful. It was really nice to have an English speaking front desk person to check us in and answer our questions. We would definitely recommend staying at the Ibis Hotel in Valparaiso based on the excellent waterfront location, just don’t eat there until they find a real cook who pays attention to the quality of food they are serving to their paying guests for a fairly expensive breakfast buffet. If Ibis Valparaiso wants to know how to serve an excellent breakfast buffet they should ask the Ibis Hotel in Iquique for some advice because their breakfast buffet is fantastic.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple