“Great view. Avoid the tenderloin.”

Restaurante El Ventanal
Ranked #54 of 1,769 Restaurants in Quito
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The panoramic restaurant El Ventanal is located in the historic neighbourhood of San Juan, offering a spectacular view of the colonial centre of Quito, the Panecillo and the famous Avenue of the Volcanoes. The breath-taking view, accompanied by our refined international cuisine and a minimalistic interior, make El Ventanal a captivating place where quality and service give you an unforgettable experience. We offer a variety of international dishes and creative Ecuadorian cooking, harmoniously paired with our extensive selection of wines.
Reviewed 12 March 2018

The view is amazing. We received a free welcome cocktail and were invited to the terrace to enjoy it after we ordered. My friend's chicken was excellent. However, the 'tender'loin I ordered was anything but tender - tough as shoe leather. Shrimp and potatoes served with it were good. Waiter didn't follow up to see how things were going at the table so I didn't report the tough meat, besides I had enough to eat without bothering with the steak.

3  Thank CriminalAtCheckout

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

The view was amazing. The fried shrimp appetizer was enough to be a full meal, the the barracuda main course was amazing. The sorbet plate was wonderful. This was a great place for a really special meal.

1  Thank Pam G
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Visited the parents of a friend who live in Quito and brought them here for dinner. Every aspect was great. I didn't think the food was mediocre at all. It was fresh and prepared well. The view was great, both from the restaurant itself as well as upstairs on the rooftop garden. The service was phenomenal. I felt the restaurant got a little too hot inside towards the end of our meal, but other than that, it was a great experience.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Despite making it for just before closing time at lunch, the staff seeing our worn out faces from the hike to the restaurant welcomed us in and we took our spot overlooking the city.
The area surrounding it can feel a little daunting but the restaurant itself has a spacious layout with 270 degree views of the city.
We were given a welcome cocktail and invited onto the rooftop for a better look.
The food was good and the portions hearty. The fish was a little overdone and the mains didn’t leave much room for more but overall a good meal and friendly staff too.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

You cant beat the view but the food wasnt that good for the prices you pay. I didnt even eat my pasta with four cheeses. In my opinion go there for drinks at night and maybe a starter but that is it. I would go to zazu for dinner and spend the same amount of money.

1  Thank John R