“Perfect”
other travellers have booked this property
From the courtyard, loft studio 'Guanaco' is on the right of the balcony
The living area and kitchen below, the bedroom loft above Beyond the kitchen is the living area with recessed lighting
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
From the courtyard, loft studio 'Guanaco' is on the right of the balcony
The living area and kitchen below, the bedroom loft above
Beyond the kitchen is the living area with recessed lighting
Bathrooms are tiled, new and elegant.
A view from the kitchen towards the courtyard
The bedroom loft has a queen bed, end tables, lamps and an ample closet.
Kitchens are fully equipped.
The cobblestone courtyard is marked by a Spanish motif
Pumamaqui courtyard and garden
The courtyard garden attracts hummingbirds.
An entrance to the art gallery, Pumamaqui Galerías
Niches in Pumamaqui Galerías
Stairs to the upper level of Pumamaqui Galerías
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

PariahDog
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Perfect”
Reviewed 6 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

The location is ideal, the accommodations impeccably clean and comfortable, and the setting wonderful. We were greeted by Patricia, who met us as we exited our taxi when were arrived at the property. Opening the locked door at the sidewalk entrance revealed an open air, tiled, courtyard with plants, flowers, and a fig tree. Entering our upstairs apartment we found a vase of roses, a loaf of fresh baked bread, and cheese. The apartment was bi-level, with a kitchen, living room, and bathroom downstairs and a bedroom upstairs. We had all we needed to cook for ourselves if we wanted, we usually prepared our own breakfast, but were within walking distance of a variety of different restaurants to satisfy whatever craving you may have. There is a restaurant featuring Carolina barbecue next door, a pizza place just around the corner, Italian, Austrian, and many small local establishments featuring the local fare that dot the area. The neighborhood is safe and was quiet all the while we we there, Sunday through Friday. My wife and I didn't want to leave. We are already planning to return to Cuenca next year and hope we will be able to rent this property again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It is honestly difficult to pick any one thing. We loved the kitchen, the hummingbirds that visited the courtyard, the location, the cleanliness.
Liked least: wifi was difficult to maintain a connection to in the apartment. It worked perfectly when we were sitting outside.
Your age range 50-64
Older travelers
nobadays
Toronto, Canada
“A wonderful relaxing place to stay!”
Reviewed 25 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

My wife and I can work as anywhere as long as there's good Internet. When we arrived there the Internet was spotty and Stuart bent over backwards to increase the quality. He's an awesome host.

This is a lovely place in the old district of Cuenca. There are many café's around, a gym, a running track, there's even a shop by the entrance that makes fresh made Italian cheese.

There is great hiking, horseback riding, spa’s all within 45 minutes.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The courtyard.
Liked least: Noise on weekends, but it was fine with ear plugs.
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
KW W
“Solo, Then Not”
Reviewed 13 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015

I arrived alone in Ecuador two weeks before my partner. It was perfect. The loft was spacious enough with a comfortable bed, complete kitchen and great shower. A washer and dryer were available for guest use. I was met by the Patricia and she was an absolute delight as she finished putting roses in a vase for me and filled me in on the details. At first I thought her response to my question about a safe for my valuables was odd as she replied "Do you have any valuables with you?" I was used to being concerned about the cash I was carrying, my passport and airline tickets. Very quickly it became obvious that the loft was a very secure place to be and no safe was needed. I even left my entry sliding door open through one night for a breeze. The unit overlooked a peaceful and beautifully planted inner courtyard. There was a small balcony walkway in which I could place a chair and listened to the birds as I drank my morning coffee. The loft is very conveniently located to the River Tombe, Plaza Calderon, a SuperMaxi grocery store and great restaurants (highly recommend the small Columbian restaurant next door). Stuart was extremely friendly and ready to help his guests in any way needed. I would highly recommend staying here. The loft units (two side-by-side) have steepish stairs to get up to the sleeping area. If you have any balance or mobility issues (especially in the middle of the night), you may want to consider something all on one level (there are some available).

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The tranquility of my unit and the building, and ease of getting to places of interest to me.
Liked least: Occasional lack of privacy from another extrovert guest. Loft area got a little hot - a ceiling fan/light would have helped to mix the air better
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
JudyLGold...
Santa Fe, Argentina
“More than a place to stay - I can't gush enough!"”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Staying at Stuart White's accommodations was more than a clean, highly functioning and comfortable stay. It was a living experience par excellence. We stayed in two of the four high quality units, each with all the conveniences and a well-equipped kitchen. The location is ideal for walking to the center of town - Plaza del Calderon - and down to the river, the walking paths, Parque de la Madre, mercados and beyond. My husband is an artist -landscapes and townscapes - and found Cuenca ideal. We stayed for 7 weeks and felt each time we turned the key to the beautifully cared for courtyard that we were home. Each time new visitors came to stay we felt the family had expanded - whether we conversed or not. We like our privacy and yet, found ourselves enjoying the exchanges with fellow travelers. The undercurrent to the whole experience was Stu (and his family) who is one of the most genuine, generous and fascinating individuals we have ever had the pleasure to encounter. When my husband and I were reviewing the highlights of our 4 and a half month time in Ecuador, then Peru, he said, and I concurred, hands down - the top of the list was Stuart White. Stay here and you will have the opportunity to be enlightened in many ways.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Owner, location, fellow travelers, the unit itself
Liked least: little noisy on weekends, as the location is currently in the heart of nightlife. But, then again, it's South America where activity is a buzz
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
mikeandj0...
Boulder, Colorado
“We enjoyed every aspect of this lodging.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed for 30 days in three different apartments due to our late reservation. We enjoyed every unit as well as the beautiful green courtyard. The location in the historic district was perfect for us. All the appointments were very clean, functional, and high quality. What enhanced our stay was the kindness and cordiality of Stuart White the owner/manager. He made certain that everyone was welcomed, introduced to other visitors, and well informed of their surroundings. Being a scientist he has a great amount of knowledge to share from his 35 years of environmental and habitat experience in the Azuay Province. We hope to return soon.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing