US$56
Free cancellation until 30/07
US$71
US$55
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$61/night.

Free cancellation until 03/08
US$75
Los Tambos(Arequipa)
Free cancellation until 31/07
US$83
US$80
US$70
US$63
Arequipay Backpackers Downtown(Arequipa)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$22
Agoda.com
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthick stone wallslovely courtyardsheritage buildingcenter citynever stay anywhere elsepretty gardenan oasis of calmspent nights at this hotelno natural lightyogurttwo blocksbooked this hotelappointed roomscolca canyonquaint hoteltriple roomno window
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, 5 minutes walk from center. Lovely gardens and patios, comfortable, quiet, well appointed rooms. Daily breakfast buffet delicious and fresh. Wonderful, attentive staff. Joshua is extraordinary as the concierge. From recommendations for restaurants to arranging my overnight tour to Colca Canyon, he provided incredible service. As a solo traveler, his personal touch to every detail was greatly appreciated.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

This is a fantastic hotel. It is set in a grand old building which used to be the Governor’s residence. The rooms are set around a pretty garden courtyard. My room had nice period decoration along with a comfortable double bed and a powerful shower. Breakfast is generous and served in the dining room in the reception area. The staff are all welcoming and helpful. Josh, who is in charge of reception, is exceptionally helpful. He replied promptly to some emails I sent before I arrived, and helped me organise an excellent Colca Canyon tour at very short notice (I was also able to leave my main bag at the hotel when I was away overnight on the tour, which was a bonus). The hotel is less than 5 minutes away from the main square. Unbeatable value. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2018

This is the briefest review I have ever written. I will just concur with Lonely Planet that this is the best value in Arequippa and maybe all of Peru!!! I think that says it all. Your two blocks from Plaza Armas.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are equally quiet and excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gjcapone
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Well located to explore the city, only a short walk from the Plaza D Armas. Staff at the hotel show a genuine interest in their guests, to ensure they make the most of their visit.
The hotel itself is a beautifully restored structure offering lovely rooms around courtyard settings. Thick stone walls appear to keep the rooms cool against the warmth of the sun, yet warm against the colder night air.
Lovely buffet breakfast to start the day.
We arrived by plane early morning, and were provided with early checkin free of additional charge so we could freshen up and start our day.
Just a genuine warm welcome, and we felt at home throughout our stay.
Our best hotel experience during our travels the length of Peru.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

The staff was stellar in every way shape and form. We arrived via bus after midnight with packs in stow and the overnight staff kindly and quickly accommodate us without a reservation. For the cost, nothing compares. The rooms were beautiful, comfortable, and Joshua (the hotel's amazing concierge / event planner) helped us coordinate our entire stay. He was helpful in every way and allowed us to enjoy Arequipa to the fullest. He provided the kitchen staff with opportunities to woo us during our breakfast each morning (which they did), and his coordination with housekeeping staff made for efficient service.

We met him the morning after we arrived and he immediately apologized for the room not having a third towel. We had not even brought up this issue before he made it known to us at breakfast.

Above and beyond is the best way to describe his efforts as lead staff at Hotel Casona Solar.

I cannot recommend this location enough.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends