All reviews thick stone walls lovely courtyards center city an oasis of calm spent nights at this hotel yogurt two blocks booked this hotel colca canyon appointed rooms triple room colonial mansion no window lovely hotel beautiful building inner courtyard reception desk
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel sits in the busy tourist area but gives nice and quiet feeling as soon as shut the front gate. Room was spacious and comfortable. The warm welcome we received from front house manager Joshua and the team made us feel like from home to home. The high standard very much into details care carried out the whole period while we stayed. It was definitely the best service we received during our entire visit to Peru.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2018

We stayed five nights in the "apartment", family of four. Every single thing about this hotel was authentic, comfortable and relaxing, both inside the rooms and out. The rooms themselves are beautiful. The desk staff were attentive and accomodating at all points. If we return, we are staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, 5 minutes walk from center. Lovely gardens and patios, comfortable, quiet, well appointed rooms. Daily breakfast buffet delicious and fresh. Wonderful, attentive staff. Joshua is extraordinary as the concierge. From recommendations for restaurants to arranging my overnight tour to Colca Canyon, he provided incredible service. As a solo traveler, his personal touch to every detail was greatly appreciated.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

This is a fantastic hotel. It is set in a grand old building which used to be the Governor’s residence. The rooms are set around a pretty garden courtyard. My room had nice period decoration along with a comfortable double bed and a powerful shower. Breakfast is generous and served in the dining room in the reception area. The staff are all welcoming and helpful. Josh, who is in charge of reception, is exceptionally helpful. He replied promptly to some emails I sent before I arrived, and helped me organise an excellent Colca Canyon tour at very short notice (I was also able to leave my main bag at the hotel when I was away overnight on the tour, which was a bonus). The hotel is less than 5 minutes away from the main square. Unbeatable value. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2018

This is the briefest review I have ever written. I will just concur with Lonely Planet that this is the best value in Arequippa and maybe all of Peru!!! I think that says it all. Your two blocks from Plaza Armas.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are equally quiet and excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple