“Pisco Sours & a Peruvian meal”
Review of Bonbonao

Bonbonao
Ranked #15 of 26 Food & Drink in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We offer our handmade chocolate from organic cacao bean made in our store as well the best experience in the CHOCOLATE MAKING CLASS where you learn how chocolate is made step by step; during the afternoon join us in the best conbination in the PISCO & CHOCOLATE MAKING CLASS, finally take home your own chocolates.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We had a great time going to the market, buying fresh vegetables & preparing a fun Peruvian meal. Many menu choices (including vegetarian option) for us. It was a fun few hours and we loved the food we prepared. They were well organized and had all our tools ready for us.

All reviews
"peruvian chocolate"
in 2 reviews
"the chocolate making process"
"pisco sours"
"pedro"
in 3 reviews
"molds"
"soles"
"fun"

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Bonbonao is a precious little shop that makes gorgeous Peruvian chocolate in small batches. I stopped in and was so charmed I signed up for a chocolate making course the next day. I was very lucky to receive a private class but I imagine this place will become very popular as more people hear about it. I learned all about the chocolate making process, designed and created my own flavours and enjoyed a pisco sour and two types of traditional hot chocolate that I helped make. Such a lovely way to spend an afternoon and for 85 soles it is very reasonably priced. Absolutely fabulous!

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Pedro was a real treat and I can confidently say knows his chocolate. We went in with no expectations and ended up really enjoying engaging in the chocolate making process and learning how it all begins with the cocoa tree. Glad we decided to take the class and learn from Pedro. The chocolates you make also make for great small gifts for family and friends.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

What could be a sweeter souvenir than heavenly Peruvian chocolate truffles? The delightful experience of making your own in Bonbonao’s chocolate class!
After returning to Cusco from Aguas Calientes, my boyfriend and I️ were not sure how we were going to fill the 4 hours before our flight to Lima. Imagine our surprise when we randomly popped into Bonbonao to grab a sweet treat, and ended up leaving with a bag of goodies we made from start to finish. Bonbonao could not offer a better experience to their customers. Upon arrival we were offered complimentary cocoa tea, and noticed signs for a chocolate class. Although we were actually too late to take the scheduled class, Chef Pedro dropped everything to accommodate us and we were in chef hats and aprons in no time. Before the chocolate, came a bonus crash course in how to make the perfect Pisco sour to drink during the informational portion of the class. Then, Pedro educated us on the entire process of how chocolate is made. We toasted our own cocoa beans, ground them, tempered the chocolate, and then were given our choice of molds, fillings and flavors to make our truffles. We even learned how to make traditional Peruvian hot chocolate with the cocoa beans we ground on site! 2 hours and around $50 USD (for both of us-a great deal!) later we were proudly wrapping our truffles. Pedro’s passion for chocolate lead him to open this quaint establishment just four months ago, and it is already a MUST DO when visiting Cusco. The only regret we had was that we didn’t have more time to take the additional authentic Peruvian cooking course they offered on site as well. We learned so much and it was truly a highlight of our trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

We walked in the store when the class just started, got some cute aprons and hats and were making great original pisco sours quicker than we could say chocolate. After that, under the careful instructions from Pedro, we tempered chocolate, got our own molds with decorations and add-ons like chilli powder and filled our molds. While they hardened, Pedro then explained in detail where the chocolate beans come from, how they are processed and then even roasted beans with us right in the store! We got to press the roasted beans after pealing them and Pedro made delicious fresh hot chocolate, as good as Christmas!! We then wrapped our finished chocolates up in fancy paper and got to take the bags with us. It was a very detailed class, much more than I expected and very generous with all the materials and chocolate to take home! We paid 75 soles each, well worth it! I would do it again in a heart beat!