“Amazing experience!”
Review of Alpaca Expeditions

Alpaca Expeditions
Ranked #1 of 610 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Alpaca Expeditions is an experienced culture and adventure travel company that creates customized tours for travelers visiting Peru. We will work with you to create the trip of a lifetime, whether you dream of trekking through the Andes on a 4 day climb to the lost city of the Incas or conquering the heights of Macchu Picchu through the indulgence of a luxurious train, let us make all your dreams come true. Alpaca Expeditions is the only company using satellite phones to operate adventure trekking tours to Machu Picchu as your safety is more important to us.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I did the 4D/3N Inca Trail with Alpaca Expeditions and loved every minute of it! The trail itself was amazing, but got even better with the help of the lovely Alpaca crew, with the guides and porters. And the food was amazing, especially the pancakes for breakfast. The guides had a lot of knowledge and also created a great team spirit and support! I loved this trip and would gladly go with Alpaca again :)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Write a ReviewReviews (4,101)
All reviews
in 131 reviews
"amazing porters"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My friends and I just had a wonderful spring break in Machu Picchu, Peru. Javier Aranzabal was our awesome guide who toured us all the way to Machu Picchu and amazed us with intriguing stories about the Inca Empire. He is very considerate, humorous, friendly and patient. We had so much fun hiking and learning about Inca's history and culture. I would rate this trip 10/10 and look forward to doing the 4D/3N if I have the opportunity to visit Peru again!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Alpaca Expeditions provided an incredible bucket list experience for my father and I. From the beginning, they were great about answering my questions through email. Our guides, Yoel and Elio, were incredible, provided interesting facts about the sites along the way and provided much needed motivation when I was struggling physically. There are not enough words to describe how impressive the porters were, a literal Green Machine. They carried our equipment and everything needed to set up camp while running the trail. The chef Alex was incredible and there was always more than enough food. He even catered to multiple dietary restrictions within our group and had a special surprise for us on the last night. Overall, this was an incredible experience, our group was great, and I'm thankful to Alpaca Expeditions for providing this experience.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This was an amazing experience, the entire team was great and made the experience an unforgettable one. Also, our tour guide, Felix, was really caring and attentive.

AlpacaExpeditions, Owner at Alpaca Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Sonia E,

Thank you so much for posting your review, we are glad you had a great time with us on the Inca trail to Machu Picchu, we are working hard to create a lifetimeexperience for all our hikers.

Best
Rau;

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I travelled from Ireland to meet my cousin and some friends. I had no idea what I was getting myself in for.
We had two guides, Ronald S & Robinson. They started as guides and 12 other gringos, we all went home as family. They went above and beyond to make sure all 13 of us in the group had everything we needed and encouraged us every step of the way (and there are a lot of steps!!)
Rodger was the cook along with Marcin as sous chef. They made the most amazing food every day for lunch and dinner. And boy do you need the food!
All the porters were amazing and even though we had a language barrier, they were super!
I would highly recommend Alpacha Expeditions for this trip. (Ask for Ronald & Robinson & Rodger & Marcin!) bring me too!!

1  Thank Caroline M

Hi Caroline M,

Thank you for reviewing our company on TA, we are so happy knowing you had a great time with our team on your hike to Machu Picchu and thank you for recommending our company to other, we promise we will keep working hard to ensure they also have a great time.

Sincerely