“Awful, slow service, petit portions! ”

Toshi Restaurante Nikkei (Panorama)
Ranked #809 of 3,007 Restaurants in Lima
Price range: US$13 - US$35
Neighbourhood: Cercado de Lima
Neighbourhood: Cercado de Lima
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Came with my family and had an ugly surprise: the makis I ordered first NEVER arrived; not only that but also I was told by the waiter I had a special discount but in the end it was a lie! To top it off the service is incredibly slow! Did not even get an apology! Will never be back for this excessively overpriced restaurant with portions for anorexic midgets!

Reviewed 22 February 2018

I went with my wife one day before Valentine's day. First of all this is a nikkei food it means a Japanese - Peruvian fusion but also you will find Peruvian food with nikkei's touch; this is not a place to eat too much but just to taste several dishes and enjoy them. The service is a little slow but the waiter helped us to choose one of the dishes because he noticed that we were hungry, the price is high and makis are not so good because in my opinion the rice used is not good or they use too much water to prepare the makis.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

The food is good but is definitely NOT authentic Japanese cuisine as they advertise. It is definitely a "Peruvian fusion". The makis are average size but way more expensive than other sushi restaurants in Lima. The entrees are nothing to write home about and ridiculously small AND extremely expensive!! If you get say the fish of the day which costs 55 soles, it doesn't come with ANY side dishes. Not even rice. That is pretty ridiculous. Also it's not a regular portion, it's more like a children's sized portion. Drinks are outrageously expensive as well at 35-40 soles. Overall we liked the food but for what they charge and the size they serve, it felt like a really bad joke. Service was mediocre as well. Definitely won't be coming back.

Vladimiro T, Gerente at Toshi Restaurante Nikkei (Panorama), responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Mr. Sancurly

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your comments on your last visit to TOSHI PANORAMA

I regret not having reached your expectations
to have more detail of your experience let me contact you.
You can write me at vladimiro.tupayachi@toshinikkei.com.

Please can you confirm in which of our restaurants was your experience in Miraflores or Panorama

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate contact me

Best regards
Vladimiro Tupayachi

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is Toshiro's legacy. It's food is very good and the deco is very nice and modern. If you are in the area and feel like having a delicious nikei food, this is the place.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I visited the Toshi due to an invitation for a business supper, we tasted 8 plates, all the supper was accompanied by Gustavo the restaurant brand manager and his team, the had a good selection of fine wines from argentina that combine with those nikkei delicacies, finally, the chef visited our table to recibe our gratitude and applause for this fancy food.