“One of the best sushi places of my life”
Review of Maido

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Miraflores
Description: Nikkei food restaurant
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

While it's very difficult to get a reservation due to how demanded the place is, it absolutely worth every effort! If you go to Lima, you have to eat here! And the service is great, too.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,924)

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to Maido twice for the tasting menu (s/450 pp), once in 2016 and again in March 2018. Both times the food has been some of the best I’ve tasted! We mainly ordered cocktails (about s/35-40) but also had wine by the glass (starting from about s/40). If you are in Lima, this restaurant is a must!

1  Thank hstaceyy
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

After reading about Peruvian cuisine and good chef you have o try Maido a great experience of food and service the 8th world best restaurant 2017, well deserve it try the addition de tira with 50 hours cooked it is really butter in your mouth

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I can’t stress enough how necessary it is for you to visit this restaurant. We didn’t have a reservation and they were able to accommodate us (I learned afterwards that we were very lucky). The tasting menu was no longer being served but our waiter helped us craft a smaller version of it. It’s a terrific restaurant and value for the kind of food you get. My taste buds have never been so happy! We will definitely be back, and I leave Lima wishing I lived here just so we could come to Maido.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Not much to say. It was one of the best lunches in my life. Place looks more like a lounge than a formal restaurant. Very attentive staff, we chose the 11-course tasting menu ( and 2 desserts ) and even got an extra sushi to try. As it is mostly fish and my wife does not get along with white wine we went for a light Pinot Noir that matched well with all dinner. The sushi ( in and out of menu, including a meat sushi ) was amazing. The codfish, the best I ever tried. Suckling pig also superb. All in all, an amazing experience and highly recommendable