US$145
  • Restaurant
Hotel Vila Santa(Lima)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$79
US$85
US$71
US$90
US$349
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
El Farolito Hotel(Lima)(Great Value!)
US$61
Qorianka Hotel(Lima)(Great Value!)
US$70
Lima Backpackers(Lima)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Red Llama Eco Hostel(Lima)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshistoric center of limainteresting hoteltop floorfantastic locationhot showertaxis
Reviewed 4 July 2016

The baroque interior of this old mansion looks very nice on the pictures. Unfortunately the whole hotel needs a complete renovation.The location is very good, next to all major tourist attractions in the old town. The rooms are not expensive but you get only an average quality. Little advice: Ask to get a room on the second floor. The rooms on the 3rd and 4th floor are a little bit old/smelly and smaller. Plus don't forget your earplugs. Breakfast not recommendable.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Like most travelers, we read reviews. Even we, experienced professionals and long time travelers could not be prepared for this joint.
On check in, our room wasn't ready. We are taking 8 pm at night. No problem, we helped the nice receptionist put sheets on the bed.

Out tumbles pills and trash. Ok. Whatever.

So we put the bedspread on. Full of stains. It's fine, we are here 2 nights and that's it. We will waste more time looking for a place than enjoying Lima.

Right?

WRONG.

We had only been in the room for a few seconds when I realized that the area above the door was in fact, an opening. And the "window" above that Was as well. Ok.

We are tired, we will change rooms in the morning. My wife slept with her clothes on.

Bad on us right?

Next morning, we decide to just make the lost of it so we don't waste our time. Come back an hour later because we ate bad ceviche in Huaraz. Open the bedroom door... We are blocked in. Completely.

Ok.... How can this get worse???

So we leave... Come back... STILL BLOCKING OUR ROOM.

No notice of work... So fine... Whatever....

Well.. They come back... And lock us in our rooms.

We talk to them, wedge our way out.. Receptionist had 20-30 gringos she's dealing with so we can't talk to her.

An hour later, my stomach discomfort kicks in...

I come back to the room... Not only do I have to shimmy past, ask them to move....

Someone has dropped a major deuce in the room.

I don't mean.... Like when we were there.... I mean .... Someone dropped stuff all over the bathroom, there's hand prints on the second opening...

Stuff, dirt and piss all over the bathroom and seat. Toilet paper? Gone. Smell? Still potent.

So I try to do my biz and leave... Locked in. Still.

I haven't even gotten to the horrible beds etc. etc.

Look at my reviews. It takes a lot to make it onto my bad side.

I only gave this place 1 star because that was the lowest option I could give it.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Offlately
Reviewed 8 June 2016

The hotel is an old period mansion house full of reproduction paintings and statues. Very different and pretty cool. 45s private room with shared bathroom

The rooftop terrace is large and pleasant to sit out on. There are peacocks and tortoise to keep you company!

Quite quiet place to sleep considering it is in the middle of Lima.

Lady on reception speaks good English

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2016

Centrally located within walking distance of historic Lima. Colonial style 3 floors with a 4th up the spiral staircase overlooking the roof top terrace. Ornately framed mirrors & artwork, statuary & crystal chandeliers and a pair of peacocks and tame tortoises. Plus human skulls in a glass case as a quirky nod to the catacombs of the Iglasia San Francisco across the street. Comfortable rooms, dorms as well as private with hot water showers. Stayed twice, first upon arrival then again upon departure after 6 weeks of travel, transportation arranged to and from airport. Travel agent on sight, Axel very helpful and good service during our stays. Breakfast available. Great fun!

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel with friendly and helpful staff in an excellent location. You really get your moneys worth here, and make sure you say hello to the friendly tortoise. The hotel arranged our transport from the airport, which I would recommend. Also, give the cafe next door a visit.

Stayed: March 2016