“A must visit”

Price range: US$40 - US$80
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Besides the fact that you can come to have a guided tour throughout the winery, vineyards, wine cellar and a classic car museum you can also have wine tastings and lunch. We think that the best food is usually the simple food made with high quality ingredients is the best. Our speciality are the grilled meats but do not hesitate to try our more elaborated dishes. We recommend if you are paying us a visit to do it chill, not in a hurry so you can enjoy your staying the best.
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Not far from Montevideo sits this wonderful and unique vineyard , Surrounded by pretty landscaping. I have never visited a vineyard that has a classic car range, which is pristine, but you will find them here. The tour itself is very informative and our guide Maria spoke very good English. To finish we had the most delicious lunch pairing which was a very high standard and excellent, we were given a choice, so there was something to suit everyone’s palette. A must see while you're visiting Montevideo.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,908)

Reviewed 8 April 2018

We had a great visit to Bouza, the wine tour and the display of car & motor bike was interesting, however the highlight of the tour, was the superb 5 Course lunch with wine paring. Both of which were world class, as was the service.

Worth returning to Montevideo just to enjoy the experience again.

We ate at many of the recommended restaurants whilst in Montevideo (Primuseum, La Fonda, Jacinto etc., Bouza was by far the best.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

My wife and I visited Bodega Bouza for a tour of the grounds and lunch. The tour was excellent, and the guide showed us parts of the facility that you would not normally get to see on vineyard tours in the US. For instance, we were able to see the actual process of making wine (sorry I can't get into more details- I'm a big fan of wine, but that only extends to enjoy drinking it!). They also took us to cellar where they keep the barrels. We then went to the restaurant where we splurged on a five course lunch. Each course came with a different wine, with the exception of the last course, which came with a grappa. The lunch cost about slightly less than $200 USD, which I thought was a steal compared to what a similar meal in the US, Canada, or Western Europe would cost. After lunch, my wife and I bought a bottle of wine and the staff allowed us to tour the vineyard on our own, and it was extremely beautiful.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are regular visitors of Bouza for years. It is great to see that the place keeps up the high level of both food and service. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Hubby and I came here for lunch. We were given a wine tour which was very informative. The food was delicious and setting very peaceful and picturesque.